Live 10 Audio crackles

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
OLO

Live 10 Audio crackles

Post by OLO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 am

Hi,
i get massive Audio Crackles when i use Melodyne 4.11.011 and the Melodyne editor window is open, same problem is when i use Vienna Instruments Pro 2.4.16.779.
When i close the GUI the Audio Crackles are gone. It seems that the CPU load push up extremley when the GUI windows are open.This can be annoying when you edit a Voice in Melodyne or when you edit Orchestral sounds in Vienna Instrument Pro.
greetz....

Stromkraft

Re: Live 10 Audio crackles

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:34 am

OLO wrote:Hi,
i get massive Audio Crackles when i use Melodyne 4.11.011 and the Melodyne editor window is open, same problem is when i use Vienna Instruments Pro 2.4.16.779.
When i close the GUI the Audio Crackles are gone. It seems that the CPU load push up extremley when the GUI windows are open.This can be annoying when you edit a Voice in Melodyne or when you edit Orchestral sounds in Vienna Instrument Pro.
greetz....
Hardware?
Make some music!

beatswilsonian

Post by beatswilsonian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 am

Same, man. Except it's with nearly all my 3rd party VSTs. I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro. Izotope, u-he, Addictive Drums... adjusting any presets, tweaking parameters, etc all producing horrible crackling and audio glitches. My fans are also kicking into high gear with a single audio clip and one effect. This official release is actually about 10x worse than the last beta was for me. Not sure what got altered, but there's some major issues happening that need to get fixed asap. Probably going back to beta 10 for the time being until this nonsense is sorted.

Friedrich

Post by Friedrich » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 am

I have to check some more, but indeed have noticed crackles when interacting with vst guis as well :|
Did not happen in the beta versions, hope this get sorted soon

OLO

Post by OLO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 am

Stromkraft wrote:
OLO wrote:Hi,
greetz....
Hardware?
I don't think that is a Hardware problem, maybe it has something to do with memory addressing or something else.
My Computer is fast enough to handle lots of VST's and AU's.
The thing with Melodyne and Vienna Instrument Pro is that they are using lots of memory in realtime.
And the Melodyne plugin has it's own Transport/Record section. ( Transfer )
It can be, that this influences the Audio stream itself.

OLO

Post by OLO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am

Friedrich wrote:I have to check some more, but indeed have noticed crackles when interacting with vst guis as well :|
Interesting what say, in Live 10 Beta you didn't notice Crackles with open GUI's.
I didn't test the Beta Version of Live 10 so i can't comprehend this.
The question is, whats the big difference between the Beta and Release Version of Live 10. :)
greetz....

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am

OLO wrote:
Friedrich wrote:I have to check some more, but indeed have noticed crackles when interacting with vst guis as well :|
Interesting what say, in Live 10 Beta you didn't notice Crackles with open GUI's.
I didn't test the Beta Version of Live 10 so i can't comprehend this.
The question is, whats the big difference between the Beta and Release Version of Live 10. :)
greetz....
The difference is the preferences. I've seen some reports that suggest some people were able to remedy some issues by trashing the preferences file.
People who used the beta started with clean preferences, or at least widely different ones.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 am

I'm on Win 10 Pro with Live 10 Suite, and tested with Massive from NI open > no crackles! Is it only Mac related, or are there guys/girls out there on a Win Machine suffering the same?
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

OLO

Post by OLO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, i find a or the soloution ;)
My Buffersize was to low 1 Vector = 64 samples
I bring it up to 128 samples and now it seems the crackles with open GUI are gone.
greetz...

beatswilsonian

Post by beatswilsonian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

OLO wrote:Yeah, i find a or the soloution ;)
My Buffersize was to low 1 Vector = 64 samples
I bring it up to 128 samples and now it seems the crackles with open GUI are gone.
greetz...
Ha I'm an idiot. I left my buffer on 64 after I disconnected my interface. That explains the crackles.

The fan problem is still real though. I brought it up a few times in beta with no real solution. Only an answer that it happens on certain systems :?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 am

OLO wrote: I don't think that is a Hardware problem, maybe it has something to do with memory addressing or something else.
The thing with Melodyne and Vienna Instrument Pro is that they are using lots of memory in realtime.
He was asking (rightly) for some details about your hardware.

Saying you have a "fast computer that can handle lots of VSTs" is also as useful to anyone trying to help as a poke in the eye.

When you have an issue and you need some assistance:

- Post details of the issue that may help others to try and replicate it
- Post your computer specs (technical, not just "it's a beast of a rig")
- Detail your audio interface, operating frequency/bitrate etc.

buj818

Post by buj818 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 am

Installing ASIO4ALL V2 and setting it as my audio device took every bit of crackling out and cut abletons cpu meter down by almost half. Good enough for me until ableton fixes this issue thats killing a lot of us. Never had this or a cpu issue with 9.

Virgae

Post by Virgae » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 am

Hi guys!
Same problem for me on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro... But the CPU is really fast enough..

Here's my config : 16GB RAM - i7 Quadcore 2,8GHz Turboboost 3,6GHz - HDD 500GB - OSX High Sierra - MacBook Pro 13"

At first I thought about my OS because I didn't managed to install High Sierra (always afraid with Apple's updates...) But same shit as well when I tried after. My VSTs are making the CPU totally crazy even with only 3 channels opened...

I pray all saints Ableton's staff will fix this problem as soon as possible, because It's really impossible to play in live. And that's a great part of my work with Ableton indeed...

After barely 1 week for installing all suite after buying it, I'm a bit deceived not to be able to work properly... I understand it's a first release, but at least why is this version making this crackles meanwhile beta version didn't ?

(Can someone please explain me how to trash this preferences files ? I really have to work and I'm looking after every fix :idea: )

Thanks ! :D

OLO

Post by OLO » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 pm

jestermgee wrote:
OLO wrote: I don't think that is a Hardware problem, maybe it has something to do with memory addressing or something else.
He was asking (rightly) for some details about your hardware.

Saying you have a "fast computer that can handle lots of VSTs" is also as useful to anyone trying to help as a poke in the eye.

When you have an issue and you need some assistance:

- Post details of the issue that may help others to try and replicate it
- Post your computer specs (technical, not just "it's a beast of a rig")
- Detail your audio interface, operating frequency/bitrate etc.
Sorry for that, i misunderstood this one word question ;) ( Hardware? ) is not a question for me, one or two words more are welcome. :)

I use an IMac late 2015 27" Retina 4Ghz I7 8GB Ram High Sierra 10.13.1
And for me the problem was solved by increasing the buffersize.
greetz...

Oh i forgot ....my Audio interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 1820 2nd Gen. with the latest Focusrite driver.

OLO

Post by OLO » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Virgae wrote:Hi guys!
Same problem for me on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro... But the CPU is really fast enough..

Here's my config : 16GB RAM - i7 Quadcore 2,8GHz Turboboost 3,6GHz - HDD 500GB - OSX High Sierra - MacBook Pro 13"

At first I thought about my OS because I didn't managed to install High Sierra (always afraid with Apple's updates...) But same shit as well when I tried after. My VSTs are making the CPU totally crazy even with only 3 channels opened...

I pray all saints Ableton's staff will fix this problem as soon as possible, because It's really impossible to play in live. And that's a great part of my work with Ableton indeed...

After barely 1 week for installing all suite after buying it, I'm a bit deceived not to be able to work properly... I understand it's a first release, but at least why is this version making this crackles meanwhile beta version didn't ?

(Can someone please explain me how to trash this preferences files ? I really have to work and I'm looking after every fix :idea: )

Thanks ! :D
As i wrote sometimes here....did you increase your buffersize?
This helps on my System.
It seems that the buffersize in Live 10 is 64 samples by default, maybe this is to low for some reason. Test 128 or 256 samples maybe this helps.
I think the 64 samples buffersize has something to do with Max for Live if your are a Suite user.

Here is a link how to reset Live. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... reset-Live

greetz...