Push in rewire-slave mode

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Push in rewire-slave mode

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:13 pm

+1

i'd love to use Push while re-wired from Cubase. i like to record vocals and audio in Cubase and let Live do all the MIDI bits... Push is such a great controller, it seems down right wrong that you can't use it this way.

joseroys

Post by joseroys » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm

still cant do this? i just woke up, realized it was 20-- whatever and i still cant do these 2 things?

Did i wake up years later and I still cannot use the Push while in Rewire with Logic? Really?

Did i wake up years and years later and I still cannot use vst plugins and browse thru presets and parameters without it being a complete buzz kill.

Why have i not sold this piece of almost cool machinerrrrrry

joseroys

Post by joseroys » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm

still cant do this? i just woke up, realized it was 20-- whatever and i still cant do these 2 things?

Did i wake up years later and I still cannot use the Push while in Rewire with Logic? Really?

Did i wake up years and years later and I still cannot use vst plugins and browse thru presets and parameters without it being a complete buzz kill.

Why have i not sold this piece of almost cool machinerrrrrry

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm

no... and it's still the around the same time as your previous post. you probably just nodded off for a few seconds.

Bdumaguina

Post by Bdumaguina » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:31 am

designwebuk wrote:I spoke to Ableton support the other day about the Rewire issues and they said Max 4 Live and VST plugins won't work because of the Rewire protocol.
Well that is not entirely true as I can use Reaper as a Rewire slave with Pro Tools and I get full VST support, I can even use Mackie Control from Reaper at the same time.
I'm interested in Push 2, but may hold off on Upgrading just because of this reason.

Now Ableton 9.5 is a good update and Push 2 looks amazing, but there are still lot of features missing for professional use.

1. Bounce in place and other bouncing options
2. Stability is still an issue for me, it seems like stability has gotten worse with every major release, I can run a medium sized project with Video at 32 buffer in Reaper containing 50 tracks without getting any pops and I can run the Pro Tools demo session, which is about 70 tracks and heaps of VI's and plugins at 32 buffer no problem.
In Ableton I can run about 5 tracks with VI's and at 32 buffer it falls to bits.

How anyone could trust this application in a live situation is beyond me.

3. Also we need more features for the Audio side of things, being able to edit audio within a clip like you can in Bigwig would be a huge leap for Ableton too.

More Pro Features and options please.
A year has passed, and still I believe no update on these matters.

Heat Death

Post by Heat Death » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry Ableton, l LOVE your POLITE and HELPFUL customer service.

I love that l have barely scratched the surface of your software in all these years, it's so feature packed.

But because you cannot do something as basic as MIDI control while in ReWire Slave mode (every other DAW l've used can), l'm sorry but l may be forced to quit Ableton :(
*** Happy using Ableton Live 8.2 for now ***

Soul's Alien

Post by Soul's Alien » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

I always wanted to use Push 2 while Ableton is rewired slave mode into Pro Tools or Cubase, but does not work at all. It's as if Push doesn't recognize that Ableton is running.

Will it works under the new Ableton 10 upgrade?

Cheers

le barde

Post by le barde » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Waiting on this feature also.
FL has full VST and Midi control implementation in rewire slave. Hope this will come for Live.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:32 pm

ShelLuser offers a good explanation of why you might not see it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=218275

le barde

Post by le barde » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm no expert at all here.. but still FL studio rewired within cubase can offer midi control.
What it asks, of course, is to disable that specific midi port in cubase and then it enables it in FL, no problem. It's been like this for years.
Also, VST's are fully loadable in FL as rewire slave. I have no idea why that is not so in Live..
Ableton has probably all the good reasons to explain why it's not possible. I'm just comparing the same features with 2 different softwares, one handles, one says not possible.

I've been finding workarounds for my needs. I'm just an enduser excited about some cool features that would make our creative lives better and enjoying even more a piece of software we bought. And if the implementation of a feature isn't an impossible task to do for the developers, I guess just reporting it can maybe, one day, lead to have that feature available :)

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:21 am

Did Ableton forget to mention this works in Live 10

le barde

Post by le barde » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 am

Yeah !!
Found that ::
"Control Surfaces are now available when Live runs as a ReWire slave. This applies to both Push 1 and 2 as well."

Great news :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice.

I'm glad it's for Push 1 too. bonus points for that.

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 am

now if they could just get plugins and max4live working

le barde

Post by le barde » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Just downloaded the trial version of Live10, but no success with having the control surfaces working.
It works when opening live in Standalone, but opened in Rewire mode I have the control surfaces in red in the midi preferences.
Anyone got this working ?