Live 10 Standard...No Way!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sowhoso

Live 10 Standard...No Way!

Post by sowhoso » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am

no sir, no way, no upgrade coming from here

doesn't even include Wavetable or Echo 8O

this is really a v9.8 upgrade and they want $199USD!

goodnight Ableton

Stromkraft

Re: Live 10 Standard...No Way!

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:03 am

sowhoso wrote:no sir, no way, no upgrade coming from here

I love Wavetable and I still forego it when I chose Standard (used to own Suite). I have Magnetic so Echo is not even a contender and is not unmissable really. Both are really nice and are among the parts that makes Live 10 Suite worth it for those that can enjoy it.
Make some music!

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 am

pffft! :arrow: moved to the lounge...why am I not surprised?! This place ain't what it used to be...sad

anyway... it's not that I want Wavetable or Echo, I don't really need them either

Owning Live 9 and Push 2 I have at the very least 95% of what you get in Live 10 and yet the upgrade price is nearly 50% of full price. ridiculous!

I have to think you upgraded either cuz you got money to burn or you're coming from v8. If not, how do you justify the price?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 am

Honestly, I don't mind anyone not being happy about L10, and that is certainly not the reason why this topic has been moved.
It was posted in the "music and audio production" forum, and it (subjectively, sorry) occurred to me that we're dealing with something different here.
Your opinion on the upgrade is welcome. Have a look at The Lounge, many other L10 posts have already been moved here because they're not directly talking about "music and audio production". If you want to talk about e.g "how to misuse DrumBuss", then the "music and audio production" forum would (subjectively) feel appropriate.
But, not surprised either...
Ableton Forum Moderator

vladimotor

Post by vladimotor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 am

First of all, being 64bit only it is not compatible with better half of my plugins while being nearly the same as Live9. What's the point?
So i paid extra to say goodbye to Pro53 and Absynth4? Nice :(
Last edited by vladimotor on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 am

[jur] wrote:Honestly, I don't mind anyone not being happy about L10, ...
fair enough

put this where you see fit

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 am

vladimotor wrote:First of all, being 64bit only it is not compatible with better half of my plugins while being nearly the same as Live9. What's the point?
Bridging exists still no?
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:27 am

sowhoso wrote:
I have to think you upgraded either cuz you got money to burn or you're coming from v8. If not, how do you justify the price?
I want to keep getting great updates, so for me it was a no-brainer, especially at the discount. I'll be keeping Live 9 (Standard) though as I need to be compatible in some projects.
Make some music!

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:36 pm

[jur] wrote:Honestly, I don't mind anyone not being happy about L10, and that is certainly not the reason why this topic has been moved.
It was posted in the "music and audio production" forum, and it (subjectively, sorry) occurred to me that we're dealing with something different here.
This happened to catch my eye. I guess it subjectively occurred to you that we're dealing with something different here as well? viewtopic.php?f=40&t=229390

Seriously, the subforum description is "Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live", and the tool is all about editing the theme of Live 10, the main piece of equipment/software most people here are using for production. There was a much used freeware editor around for years that was used for the earlier theme format, now there's delightfully a new tool available for Live 10 -- and trying to notify people in the main production subforum about it gets moved to The Lounge? Just google how much discussion there has been on Live theming and colors in the main production section over the years.

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

vladimotor wrote:First of all, being 64bit only it is not compatible with better half of my plugins while being nearly the same as Live9. What's the point?
I feel your pain, as someone who is still on 32-bit as well, but the writing is on the wall...

Waves has gone 64-bit only. So has IK Multimedia. Rumor has it Native Instruments will soon (thought they had for awhile, but turned out to be a glitch in their update software).

So it's really a question of how much are you willing to do without when all the software developers have gone 64-bit and we haven't? I've been planning for the last six months, and it will take another six before I can get all my hardware, drivers, and OS aligned to make the pain of upgrading less than the pain of not upgrading.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
sowhoso wrote:no sir, no way, no upgrade coming from here

I love Wavetable and I still forego it when I chose Standard (used to own Suite). I have Magnetic so Echo is not even a contender and is not unmissable really. Both are really nice and are among the parts that makes Live 10 Suite worth it for those that can enjoy it.
This is what bothers me about embedded plug ins. upgrading IMO you should still have access to all the embedded content that did not see upgrades in 10. I upgrade to Standard 10 from Suite 9 I shouldn't lose access to m4l, Sampler, the AAS instruments etc. I just shouldn't get Wavetable and Echo.