I've activated Live too often

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GCUGreyArea

I've activated Live too often

Post by GCUGreyArea » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,

I've got an activation problem.

I didn't realise that Live had a limit to the number of times it could be activated, and reasonably assumed that uninstalling the software would deactivate it.

I bought a laptop that I installed and activated both live 9 and 10 on which I had to return [and unfortunately forgot to install Live from].

In the meantime, I installed and activated Live 9 and 10 on another laptop to test how well it would run on a smaller environment.

Now I've taken delivery of the laptop that I will be running Live on and I've run out of activations. I'm kind of used to Adobe where you can have software running on multiple machines as long as they're not running at the same time. It wasn't made clear at any time that there was a limit to the number of times I could download and install the software and I'm now locked out of something I spent a fortune trying to get to work properly.

I've emailed support, but I've still heard nothing back!

chrk

Re: I've activated Live too often

Post by chrk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am

GCUGreyArea wrote:I've emailed support, but I've still heard nothing back!
They have a weekend too.
GCUGreyArea wrote:assumed that uninstalling the software would deactivate it.
It doesn't, see De-authorizing a Live installation You're supposed to uninstall Live from a machine you don't want to use it on any more, but doesn't really register with your activations count.
GCUGreyArea wrote:I'm kind of used to Adobe where you can have software running on multiple machines as long as they're not running at the same time.
Ableton's license allows installation on exactly TWO machines, and you promise not running them at the same time.
GCUGreyArea wrote:It wasn't made clear at any time that there was a limit to the number of times I could download and install the software
You can find the shorthand on the license policy, the long version is in the EULA, which you're very probably supposed to have read and agreed to during the installation process.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Support should get back to you shortly, they are usually good about being quick at clearing people's authorizations for them.

wayne.rudd

Post by wayne.rudd » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:33 pm

try here, it might be quicker than emailing support:

https://www.ableton.com/account/request-unlocks