Plugins don't work on Ableton Live 10 (Sausage Fattener)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kb420

Re: Plugins don't work on Ableton Live 10 (Sausage Fattener)

Post by kb420 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 am

I had plugins spread out over 4 or 5 folders on my computer. That was a result of me not being consistent when installing new plug ins. Anyway, I finally took the time to put them all in one folder, and that wrecked havoc on Live. Particularly iZotope Ozone and Neutron plug ins. They repeatedly crashed Live on startup. Then Ozone 8 refused to show up in Live at all. I uninstalled/reinstalled Ozone 8 and Neutron 2. At that point, Live scanned and saw both, but Live crashed as soon as I tried to open Ozone. I spent the better part of 2 and half hours yesterday trying to get this to work. I know that some of this was my fault, but Cubase 9.5, Studio One 3 Pro, and Maschine 2.7.2 had absolutely NO problem with me consolidating my plugins in to one folder yesterday.

I'm using Live 10 and Beta 2b1 on a 64 bit Windows 10 computer with all of the latest updates.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am

Here no crashes with plugins.
But very long loading times when live10 with every boot.
Live 10 shares the same vstfolder as live 9 .But Live 9 loads in a sec.

Tried cleaning the prefs, run 10 as admin, wifi off, can't find the problem.
Like live 9 indexes and remembers the vst installed and structure 10 keeps rescanning on every boot and doesn't save any?

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 pm

lalakulo wrote:very long loading times when live10 with every boot.
Happened to me before, but not anymore. When doing rescan, see what plugins are shown on the bottom left corner, then open the plugins. I also open several suspicious plugins. Maybe Live recognize the plugins better that way and it's faster to open Live 10 than Live 9 now.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
lalakulo wrote:very long loading times when live10 with every boot.
Happened to me before, but not anymore. When doing rescan, see what plugins are shown on the bottom left corner, then open the plugins. I also open several suspicious plugins. Maybe Live recognize the plugins better that way and it's faster to open Live 10 than Live 9 now.
Ty for your answer.

My scenario.
1 Reboot win
2 Click live10, takes some minutes to load vst.
3 Once a new set loaded rescanning has no use because all plugins were buffered somewhere i think. In other words rescan is finnished in a blink of a eye.

5 After the rescan i close live 10 and restart live10 , number 2 happens all over again.
(live 9 no problems at all)

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:22 pm

I have some 32 bit VSTs which were converted using jBRIDGE to 64bit. They worked in Live9. Not with Live10 none of them is even recognized. jBridge creates special folder for those plugins *upon conversion) and this folder is not even seen by Live10. Not sure what's the cause.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:34 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:I have some 32 bit VSTs which were converted using jBRIDGE to 64bit. They worked in Live9. Not with Live10 none of them is even recognized. jBridge creates special folder for those plugins *upon conversion) and this folder is not even seen by Live10. Not sure what's the cause.
Jbride made a folder for live 9(32bit)(Since 10 i have not converted any to 64, just used the original 64.dlls that came with the pluginsinstaller. But since 10 is 64 i think it's skipping indexing that 32bitfolder anyway right?
And the amount of 64 bit vst for 10 are only a few. Thats why i don't get it why live9 starts in a blink and 10 takes minutes for only a few.

Btw did the rescan trick you mentioned again after live was started up for a while. Now it takes a long time again but the lower left corner only shows "scanning vsts" no particular info about which vst like you mentioned.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 am

lalakulo wrote:the lower left corner only shows "scanning vsts" no particular info about which vst like you mentioned.
It supposed to be different on other systems. It shows "Hofa" all the time on mine, after opening the plugin relaunching Live is faster. I also open Analog Lab 3 since that's the heaviest to load. It also failed with OBXD and I removed that.

Edit: Just found out that when I launched Live again this morning, it did the long rescan again. So, it may just be a temporary solution. Hope it will be fixed with the next update.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
lalakulo wrote:
Edit: Just found out that when I launched Live again this morning, it did the long rescan again. So, it may just be a temporary solution. Hope it will be fixed with the next update.
For now i switch on the collect userdata , see if it helps out.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Have you tried a Full rescan of VSTs?

I had 1 vst that went missing after upgrade to Live 10, To trigger a deeper rescan of plugins should you lose them, please go to preferences press and hold 'alt' and click 'rescan'
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Mark Williams wrote:Have you tried a Full rescan of VSTs?

I had 1 vst that went missing after upgrade to Live 10, To trigger a deeper rescan of plugins should you lose them, please go to preferences press and hold 'alt' and click 'rescan'
Ty,
Just tried it.
Still the same, the 32bit versions for live 9 in a blink, and the 64bit for 10, 1.27 mins. Not that i am in a hurry (ha), they still load, strange though.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 pm

lalakulo wrote:

Ty,
Just tried it.
Still the same, the 32bit versions for live 9 in a blink, and the 64bit for 10, 1.27 mins. Not that i am in a hurry (ha), they still load, strange though.

Have you got both 32bit and 64bit VSTs in same folder?
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
lalakulo wrote:

Ty,
Just tried it.

Have you got both 32bit and 64bit VSTs in same folder?
Folders per brand and each brand has a 32 and seperate 64 folder .

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 pm

lalakulo wrote: Folders per brand and each brand has a 32 and seperate 64 folder .
But are they separate? you dont have 32 bit & 64bit folders inside 1 folder?

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 pm

1 folder yes.
Where live 9 has no problem, i think there is something wrong with the install i did of live 10, maybe.
Sharing live 9 preferences and lib. (already ditched the prefs and reconfigure.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:45 pm

lalakulo wrote:1 folder yes.
Where live 9 has no problem, i think there is something wrong with the install i did of live 10, maybe.
Sharing live 9 preferences and lib. (already ditched the prefs and reconfigure.
Ensure the 32 bit VSTs are not in same vst folder as the 64bit, for example, only 64 bit VST in 64bit folder ONLY nothing else, keep the 32 bit vsts out of that folder. In Ableton prefs ensure it is only looking at the 64bit VST folder ONLY.