Save Wavetable Presets?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
breadboxninja

Save Wavetable Presets?

Post by breadboxninja » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi guys,

I've been messing around with Ableton's Wavetable, and I love it. However, I do have a question about presets. Is there a way for me to save my work on a certain sound in Wavetable, and load it up later? Lots of times I come across a cool sound that doesn't really go with my current project, but that I feel would go great with something in the future. Any ideas? Thanks!

TheWholeDamnZoo

Re: Save Wavetable Presets?

Post by TheWholeDamnZoo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Just rename it (top left) and hit the save button (top right).

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:49 am

There are a couple of ways you can handle your own patches and presets. I like having stuff in the project folder, so I usually drag my .adg and .adv there.

It's a good idea to read up on the content management (in Places) so you can find your stuff when stuff needs to be found.

Cheers,
//Carl-Mikael

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:37 am

TheWholeDamnZoo wrote:Just rename it (top left) and hit the save button (top right).
Or just hit the save button. Live will place the snapshot in the user library Presets/Instruments/Wavetable (or whatever Instrument you're mangling) and invert the name in browser for you to to rename it then.

If you've startet from one of your saved presets and you do the same, it will be put there with the same name inverted, and only if you choose not to remain it, Live will ask you if you really want to overwrite the original preset.

Keep in mind, once you drag any preset inside Live it becomes an independend instance in the set (i.e. .als file) with no ties to its origin apart from actual samples loaded in Sampler/Simpler if you haven't collected and saved.
Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:It's a good idea to read up on the content management (in Places) so you can find your stuff when stuff needs to be found.
Exellent advice. Then choose your own approach.

Keeping presets inside projects puts them in a context you're probably familiar with, while putting them in the user library gives you a single point to start your search. The UL may eventually become cluttered once you start saving variations of the same basic preset.

Biome Digital

Post by Biome Digital » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 am

Just drag the device to a folder in the browser - easy
NEW!! Ableton Wavetable Presets and Racks - DOWNLOAD FREE DEMO https://newloops.com