Why are push2 pads less responsive when using simpler?

Discuss Push with other users.
McAnix

Why are push2 pads less responsive when using simpler?

Post by McAnix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:04 pm

Maybe I'm missing a setting but the pads on the push to are why less responsive when using simpler in slice mode, I have to hit the pads way harder, slices often don't even get played. When playing a kit on a drum rack its fine, what'e going on?

Cheers.

Bonehead

Re: Why are push2 pads less responsive when using simpler?

Post by Bonehead » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 am

I've been having some trouble with the Push pad sensitivity as well. For me, on some days it's nice and responsive (nowhere near the Maschine though), but on other days the response seems all over the place. I haven't had too much trouble with Simpler patches, more with Drum Racks and playing Lead instruments etc, it's just not velocity sensitive enough. Softer hits sometimes don't register.

My Push is connected via a Hub most of the time, not sure if that could cause these issues.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:34 pm

McAnix wrote:Maybe I'm missing a setting but the pads on the push to are why less responsive when using simpler in slice mode, I have to hit the pads way harder, slices often don't even get played. When playing a kit on a drum rack its fine, what'e going on?
What about instrument settings? Velocity needs to be converted to have an effect on the instruments in question. Without this, the effect can be zero.

To truly evaluate velocity you need to record as MIDI and investigate the velocity values of the notes.
Make some music!

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm

No difference with responsiveness wether velocity is at 0 or 100, the velocity changes yes but not the responsiveness. When using simpler I feel like I have to hit the pads doubly as hard just to get a sound.

I'll try record to MIDI to see what happens.

dansimco

Post by dansimco » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 am

I have definitely experienced this too. Glad I'm not going crazy. Moreso, it seemed to be worse when recording is armed. Going to see if the 10 beta has the same issue tonight

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 am

Been trying it on the beta, was gonna try it in 9 but I guess the issue is there too.

HeyGeorge

Post by HeyGeorge » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:40 am

I have exactly the same issue. I got my push 2 over a year ago and I always noticed this change in sensitivity, specifically when going from the session view to note view (simpler, slice mode). The only way to reset sensitivity is by going back to one shot mode and then back to slice mode. That must reset your sensitivity back to normal. It is super annoying and affects my workflow In many ways. I thought it could have been a processor problem, but I have tried 3 or 4 different computers so far (good specs) and it is always the same.

Did my fix work? Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am considering sending an email to Ableton. It must be hardware failure.

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:13 pm

I will give that a try next time it happens, it seems to be intermittent, thanks for the tip!

[tow]

Post by [tow] » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:27 pm

If you haven't done so, please directly contact Support with this and include a recent status report (e.g. via "Get Support" from Live's Help menu and following the shown steps).
I couldn't reproduce a difference in Push 2 pad responsiveness immediately with Live 10 when testing such scenario.

mxcreep

Post by mxcreep » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am

I experience the samen when I forget to switch off note repeat, pads are slow in responding to normal pressing then...