Will dragging/dropping into a live jam always give glitches?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
harold23

Will dragging/dropping into a live jam always give glitches?

Post by harold23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 am

Hey lately I've been jamming live a whole lot using the session view.

I've been trying to drag and drop new kits/fx and so forth from the browser into the session.

I've noticed that no matter what the buffer settings a certain amount of clicks and pops is inevitable in the audio stream.

If you just drag across a simple delay then you might get away without a glitch.

But anything large like a drum rack seems to produce something undesirable and it even glitches when you delete it.

I get better results by just loading everything you could possibly want into the liveset first, even if that means dozens of channels.

But it would be great to be able to drag and drop without glitches, anyone know how to do it?

miyaru

Re: Will dragging/dropping into a live jam always give glitches?

Post by miyaru » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 am

How fast is you PC/Mac? What audio interface do you use? What kits and FX's? What version of Live?

See my signature for my specs. I get no pops and glitches changing FX's only some deley changing drum kits.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

harold23

Re: Will dragging/dropping into a live jam always give glitches?

Post by harold23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 pm

I've also got 16gb ram, computer is decently fast...

Where do you set your buffer? I notice that if I set it way up at 2048 then it doesn't glitch at all, 1024 I get some glitches, 512 it always glitches on drumracks and bigger.

I notice live 10 seems to glitch (on drag and drop) a little worse than previous versions.