What??? No copy/paste time????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Skullrattler

What??? No copy/paste time????

Post by Skullrattler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:54 am

In session view: Is there really no way to copy & paste time in a clip rather than just duplicating time (which places a copy right after ) ???

If I want to copy bar 1 to bar 3 including the modulation, there seems no straightforward way to do it!

Normal cut and paste doesn't copy the modulation (multiple envelopes), just the notes???

wth????????

Do I need to split the clip in arrangement mode and then move things around as needed?

Stromkraft

Re: What??? No copy/paste time????

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Skullrattler wrote:In session view: Is there really no way to copy & paste time in a clip rather than just duplicating time (which places a copy right after ) ???

If I want to copy bar 1 to bar 3 including the modulation, there seems no straightforward way to do it!

Normal cut and paste doesn't copy the modulation (multiple envelopes), just the notes???

wth????????

Do I need to split the clip in arrangement mode and then move things around as needed?
I'm not sure what you mean here exactly, but as "Paste time" is available in the edit menu, once you copied something with time it's seemingly possible to copy and paste time.

As with any copy and paste operation you must select carefully. In Live 10 this is new:
You don't state which version of Live you use.

Once you've made a selection just copy. Then go to the start point and "Paste time". Automation will normally follow also when it's hidden. If it doesn't, check your selection technique. If you leave more details about your selections you can get more detailed advice.
Make some music!