Push 2 Drum Rack Individual Pad/Cell Volume?

Discuss Push with other users.
dboy

Push 2 Drum Rack Individual Pad/Cell Volume?

Post by dboy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:25 pm

It seems that it was easier on the Push1, hit a pad and all the basic controls show up. All I want to do is quickly access tuning, pan and volume of the individual cells as I'm working on a part. I see a page with transpose and choke, but no basic volume/pan parameters. What is the quickest way to access these? Thanks!

krismartyr

Re: Push 2 Drum Rack Individual Pad/Cell Volume?

Post by krismartyr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm

I am facing the same problem. On pressing the pad, instead of VELOCITY/ NUDGE/ STEP, Transpose and Choke controls show up on the display...have the shortcuts been changed ?

login

Post by login » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:30 pm

There are many changes from Push 1 to Push 2. In Push 2 we have access to the drum rack mixer for all individual channels, double click on the channel selector will open all the drum rack channels, then switch to mixer view and you will have control over the track volume, pan and sends.

krismartyr

Post by krismartyr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:05 am

Hi its not the channels..we are talking about individual cell/pad velocity. how it was so convenient to tweak. now i don't why it has changed!

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm

...it's still available...you must be in clip view...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:54 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...it's still available...you must be in clip view...
^^

Same on both Pushes I believe. Confused the hell out of me when adjusting velocity I would just hold a pad and presto... now have to make sure its in CLIP mode and then hold the pad so it's still a thing, just in a different area of Push now and that's mainly because of Push2 with the clip overview feature that displays your pattern on the screen of Push for editing.

krismartyr

Post by krismartyr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks guys, so I am in Session Mode.

So whats CLIP mode By default its CLIP mode. because I have programmed midi.

Anyways, when I press the highlighted / selected DRUM PAD or STEP SEQUENCED pads, the screen on my Ableton 10, piano roll changes to ENVELOPE window in the piano roll.

Still no Velocity/ Nudge/ Step option on my Push 2 screen... :cry:

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 pm

did you try press the CLIP button to put it in CLIP view

Then HOLD the drrum pad?

radioquarantaine

Post by radioquarantaine » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi,

I think that here's the solution to the 'adjust macro parameters per pad'-issue: I wanted to do what the guy in the 'drums: sound design' tutorial video was doing: pressing a pad and having the same macros for each pad individually. In the beginning of the vid he says 'in this case the actual sounds of the drum rack are housed inside what is called an instrument rack.' Each pad is an instrument rack, which holds a simpler. In our problem case the pad just holds a simpler, without the rack en thus without it's macros. I couldn't find a kit that's configured that way, so I created one and it works:

- create a drum rack
- in the first pad, create an instrument rack
- in that instrument rack, create a simpler
- map your favourite parameters of the simpler on the macro's of the instrument rack (not the drum rack!)
- Copy this instrument rack to the other 15 or whatever pads
- insert your samples into the simplers et voila.

when pressing a pad, it will show the macro's of each individual instrument rack, not the drum rack. they just happen to be the same macros for each instrument rack. some kits would be configured this way, but only a few apparently. and that's what's going on in the video. he should have probably elaborated on that..
chreerz