Audio automatically goes through bus even when not directed

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Finlay67

Audio automatically goes through bus even when not directed

Post by Finlay67 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:56 am

I am trying to play and record some electric guitar but the audio from this channel goes through my acoustic guitar bus and thus changes the audio. I dont want it to go through this bus and I dont direct it into the bus so I have no idea why it is going through there? Any help on how to make sure this audio track doesnt go through the bus channel would be much appreciated! Thanks! Tried contacting ableton support but no reply in over a week

dcease

Re: Audio automatically goes through bus even when not directed

Post by dcease » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:27 am

Gonna need a bit more info... can you take some screenshots or explain your routing?

Finlay67

Post by Finlay67 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:29 am

Thanks for the reply. I have a screenshot which i sent to support but on here i dont see an option to attach a file?

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:41 am

Make an account at imgur.com, upload image there, select image, should be like 5 options to share image on right of image, select the link for message boards, copy/paste here using Img button.

Finlay67

Post by Finlay67 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:45 am

Cheers Mate, here is the link https://imgur.com/lJgJdTl

As you can see one of the audio tracks is armed at is to be sent to the master channel but when I play it always plays through the acoustic gutiar bus.

Finlay67

Post by Finlay67 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:46 am

Image sorry this is the one for message boards actually

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 am

Finlay67 wrote:Cheers Mate, here is the link https://imgur.com/lJgJdTl

As you can see one of the audio tracks is armed at is to be sent to the master channel but when I play it always plays through the acoustic gutiar bus.
Change your 'input' for Guitar Bus to be one of the tracks you are routing to it, like the one right above it (can't read name as it's cut off). Once you specify any input for a track you can route any other track to it. You are specifying the input as the analog input on your card which you are trying to record to another track...

Input for "Guitar Bus" = what ever track is above it, not EXT 1.

You can still route any other track to Guitar bus once you specify an input, any track that has Guitar Bus selected as output will also play through Guitar Bus.

Make sense?