What do you think about this Push Ready VST Preset Set?

Discuss Push with other users.
naran

What do you think about this Push Ready VST Preset Set?

Post by naran » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Hello,

until last week i had the problem, that there was no possibility for me to manage my VST Presets in Ableton Push. I am happy to announce that there is a solution for this issue. Together with my Son we designed at first a Push Ready Airmusictech Preset Set. We created an instrumentrack in which we linked the most importend parameters to the macro Knobs. There are another 10 Banks of mapped parameters. I tried to find a useful order. And afterwards we converted all 2.500 Presets from my Airmusictech Xpand2! into an adg file with all the premapped parmetersettings.

I tested it in a lot of jamsessions with my push. I am very happy about this and hope someone here could use this creation?

Please test it for free and let me know, if it works in your workflow?

You´l find the Presetset on my Website: http://naran-artmann.de/air-music-xpand2-push-ready/

I hope i find the time to make more Push Ready Presets in the future. If you are interested in, you can subscribe my blog on this site in the upper right corner: http://naran-artmann.de/

please excuse my English. I am a german and my school english is more than 40 years old.

Naran Artmann

jestermgee

Re: What do you think about this Push Ready VST Preset Set?

Post by jestermgee » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Unless you are super keen to make them, there are already a lot around the place.

The major issues with Push and VST presets in racks is the fact there is no way to create sound previews when browsing which just makes it a bunch of random names. Then there is the lack of tagging and ;lastly the lack of being able to rename parameters or shift them around. Rarely do I find one users choice of parameter mapping to my liking and it's not possible to change that in every preset.

Komplete Kontrol allows for all of the above features which is one reason I ditched Push for browsing VST presets.

naran

Post by naran » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:26 am

Hello jestermgee,

thank you for answering. I think you use some NI Hardware Stuff? Or is there a way to use Komplete Kontrol without owning NI Hardware?

I tried to find some VST Preset for Push, but i din´t find anything(freeware). Could you give me some tips to find Preset sets for Push?

Would it be interesting for users to share our script? Cause my son wrote an Auto Hot Key script to convert all presets automaticly. it works not for every vst synth. But we tested Uhe, Sylenth1, and the Airmusictech plugins and for this, the script works fine. there is risk by using it,because in worst case it can dammage the system or all presets. But if you are careful in setting up the script, it works proper.

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:10 am

You can find a lot of vst presets here

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/