Which of these two songs are best suited as a demo song?

Share your tracks with other users.
Christian_R

Which of these two songs are best suited as a demo song?

Post by Christian_R » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi!

I'm working on some songs these days, and I want to try to send a demo to some labels when they're done. Because if you never try, you'll never know :)

But I'm not sure which song to send. I have listened to them so much during the prossess that I'm a little biased now. So I would love to get some feedback on which song you think I should send?

I have nine songs at the moment, but the two I've listed below are the ones I think are the best candidates. Some of my other songs are darker and longer, that's why I chose these.

Candidate 1: «Gold & Nuggets»
https://soundcloud.com/christinduck/goldandnuggets

Candidate 2: «The Machine»
https://soundcloud.com/christinduck/themachine

Thank you for your attention!

tobiassf

Re: Which of these two songs are best suited as a demo song?

Post by tobiassf » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:39 pm

You should probably practice producing for a while more before pursuing a commercial music career, these do not sound release ready - even though the ideas are very solid.
The Machine is really, really cool! The production just isn't there yet.

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:09 pm

tobiassf wrote:You should probably practice producing for a while more before pursuing a commercial music career, these do not sound release ready - even though the ideas are very solid.
The Machine is really, really cool! The production just isn't there yet.
Thank you! You're right, I will still work on them to make the production better :)

If anyone has some tips on how to make the tracks sound more professional, I'll be happy to know.

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 am

I like The Machine a lot. The two obvious improvements needed are a clearer snare and a clearer vocal. I'm not sure what the genre requirements are, but I can imagine a nice smooth female vocal going over the top of some sections.

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Martin Gifford wrote:I like The Machine a lot. The two obvious improvements needed are a clearer snare and a clearer vocal. I'm not sure what the genre requirements are, but I can imagine a nice smooth female vocal going over the top of some sections.
Thank you! I like mostly instrumental songs, but I'm working on the snare and beat now. In general I would like a little clearer sound, but it's not easy :)