UI Improvements that I think are DESPERATELY needed.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kb420

UI Improvements that I think are DESPERATELY needed.

Post by kb420 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Let me start by saying that Ableton Live is my favorite DAW. It's easy to start an idea in the Session View as if the entire program is just a scratchpad, and then, finish it in the Arrangement View, as if it were a traditional linear DAW. No other DAW has this dual personality like Live. With that being said, I do use other programs just to get a different perspective and a different approach. My other two DAW's that I use are Studio One and mainly Cubase. There are two main features that both of those programs have that aren't possible right now in Live, and being that the current version is Live 10, I'm a little surprised that they haven't been added yet. Here they are:

1. It should be possible to VIEW THE MIXER IN THE ARRANGEMENT VIEW. It's nice to not have to hit the "Tab" button, or have a second window open just to see your full mixer. I have two monitors, so I can actually keep the Session View open at all times, but there's something really nice and convenient about being able to look at the Arrangement and have the full mixer on the bottom of the screen at the same time.

2. While in the Arrangement View, it would be nice to have the ability to see the selected track's vertical Session View mixer and clips on the left side of the screen. This would make it easy to adjust the sends, volume and panning, and even drag and drop clips from that selected track in to the Arrangement Window. I think that this could possibly make it even faster to build and arrangement than just using the Arrangement View's record button.

I know that some of you may not agree with these ideas, but I really think they would make a HUGE difference and would really make working in the Arrangement View a much better experience.

So, what do you guys think?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-