"Creative Extensions" coming?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
analog_rome

"Creative Extensions" coming?

Post by analog_rome » Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 pm

This morning my feed reader showed a post from Ableton introducing a new pack for suite, "Creative Extensions"... It looked like a pretty darn cool set of tools, but the post has vanished. Hoping it comes back!

dave dominey

Re: "Creative Extensions" coming?

Post by dave dominey » Thu May 31, 2018 4:19 pm

Creative Extensions: Eight Devices for Live 10 Suite | Ableton
https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/now-liv ... xtensions/
1 day ago - Creative Extensions is a new Pack for Live 10 Suite that stretches sound creation and transformation possibilities in Live to new boundaries. ... To buy or upgrade to Live 10 Suite, head to the Ableton Shop. ... Bass – a monophonic virtual analog synthesizer for bass sounds from ...

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:40 pm

It's released. Have fun!
Ableton Forum Moderator

Muze

Post by Muze » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 pm

I think I already have some of these? Or are they different/new versions?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Some like Poli and Bass were released seperately before.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

mcdreamer

Post by mcdreamer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:55 pm

I think they were originally released as Max For Live devices. Presumably they might still be under the hood but they're now taking advantage of the tighter integration between Max and Live.

Muze

Post by Muze » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Tarekith wrote:Some like Poli and Bass were released seperately before.
Yes I think I have those, so should I install again, are these updated in someway or will I just have dupes? (like Convolution reverb is in a pack and on its own but they are both the same)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 pm

How nice with free devices. I started installation from the browser >>>> crash…

Installed at restart. I think I've seen more crashes in one week than in the last 5 years. Hardly one in session luckily. Mostly when installing, opening, saving or something like that. No data loss. Odd though.
Make some music!

Muze

Post by Muze » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Ah bass and Poli were in the M4L essentials free pack, GUIs look different and it says they are 'revamped' but I can't see any other differences yet.

analog_rome

Post by analog_rome » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:53 pm

All the new and redesigned max/ableton devices are fantastic - nice design and super-easy to add to the workflow.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Muze wrote:Ah bass and Poli were in the M4L essentials free pack, GUIs look different and it says they are 'revamped' but I can't see any other differences yet.
The Push mapping is way better.
Ableton Forum Moderator

iloyd2

Post by iloyd2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:15 am

Timing of Melodic Steps is unreliable when you engage the midi mode. Sometimes misses the first beat (even after quantizing the triggering notes), Swing often sounds wrong. Turning delay compansation on and off, and arming/unarming tracks sometimes fix it, sometimes doesn't. Don't observe the issues when midi mode is off but it's limited.

I wish sequencer devices like Melodic Steps, Mono Sequencer and Arp (from Essentials) would work less clunky in Live.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:41 am

iloyd2 wrote:Timing of Melodic Steps is unreliable when you engage the midi mode. Sometimes misses the first beat (even after quantizing the triggering notes), Swing often sounds wrong. Turning delay compansation on and off, and arming/unarming tracks sometimes fix it, sometimes doesn't. Don't observe the issues when midi mode is off but it's limited.

I wish sequencer devices like Melodic Steps, Mono Sequencer and Arp (from Essentials) would work less clunky in Live.
Works fine for me.

Sure what you are hearing isn't because of the "Chance" setting?

iloyd2

Post by iloyd2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 am

jestermgee wrote:
iloyd2 wrote:Timing of Melodic Steps is unreliable when you engage the midi mode. Sometimes misses the first beat (even after quantizing the triggering notes), Swing often sounds wrong. Turning delay compansation on and off, and arming/unarming tracks sometimes fix it, sometimes doesn't. Don't observe the issues when midi mode is off but it's limited.

Works fine for me.

Sure what you are hearing isn't because of the "Chance" setting?
I don't use the chance setting. One bigger issue that's easier to reproduce on my side is: When Swing is any value other than 0, random times it's off when the song starts.

Here is an example video, check how hihats are playing wrong relative to kick random times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6NQF0UvCQ

Strangly this happens less when you load a song saved with a swing setting. But starts to happen a lot after you change the swing setting again after opening the song.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:46 am

Your example above is what made me stop using (otherwise fantastic in theory) max sequencing devices. They act very randomly with weird timing issues. They are good for sketching ideas but you can not rely on them because you can't know will your session sequence sound same next time you open your session.