aupresets still broken in 10.02

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Muze

Re: aupresets still broken in 10.02

Post by Muze » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Think I managed to confirm that theory, the presets I saved earlier were using the Live 10.2 release, they show in the User Library there. Now I just opened the latest beta and they are not showing in the User library even though I can literally open it in Finder from Live and see them there. So for some reason it is not scanning automatically for aupresets. Is there a way to force a scan on demand?

Muze

Post by Muze » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 pm

I think the scan is not updating aupresets that have already been scanned once, even if in a different version. But that suggested a solution. Since I had added both AUPreset locations to Places in the first release of 10 because it had that AUpreset bug they had already been scanned so were being ignored even though now the original bug had been fixed, essentially there have been 2 bugs at work here, the first was fixed but the second wasn't recognised. So now if I remove the preset locations from Places and turn AU support off then on that forces it to rescan the presets and put them in the correct location. Fixed!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 pm

If you run two instances of Live only one will see the resources. I'm not sure that's what you did first, but this surprised me when it happened to me. It's kinda understandable for some writable resources, but not for read-only.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:01 am

Muze wrote:…essentially there have been 2 bugs at work here, the first was fixed but the second wasn't recognised. So now if I remove the preset locations from Places and turn AU support off then on that forces it to rescan the presets and put them in the correct location. Fixed!
Great! Everything fine then?
Make some music!

Muze

Post by Muze » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Yes pretty much now - would be nice if Live could support the folder structure aupresets are in though instead of just lumping all patches into one long list (for example with Padshop I can't tell which patch belongs to which bank it's so huge)