Midi CCs to Mouse Control

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Mantrix

Midi CCs to Mouse Control

Post by Mantrix » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:02 pm

A lot of us would love to be able to stand up with a midi controller in front of us and not have to lean over the computer at all.
There's something about leaning over a computer on stage that I find boring...

If I could control the mouse with my midi controller's XY pad and buttons, I I be a happy man! (Not that I'm unhappy) :)

A simple learn function box could pop up when entering midi map mode, Which has four assignable parameters... "Mouse movement left and right", "Mouse movement up and down", Left Mouse Click", "Right Mouse click" So knobs, buttons, pad, wheels, whatever, any midi control can be set to the mouse...

This would surely create a better stage presence for a lot of Live operators.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:07 pm

I'd add SHIFT and CTRL to that list as well, would cover all the bases.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:05 pm

I'm trying to get rid of the mouse, keyboard, and monitor for live use. Otherwise, you may as well wear black Buddy Holly glasses with white adhesive tape around the middle and a plastic pocket protector for your pens and greasy comb, too...

I don't touch the mouse live. I'm working on getting rid of the computer keyboard. I wish I didn't have to use a monitor, either, but I keep that small and horizontal.

Everything is via MIDI and a Griffin Powermate.

funkateer

Post by funkateer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:38 pm

I'm attempting the same thing with a FCB1010, BCR2000, Kontrol49. I am rather disappointed that Live 5 has no improvements in the midi remote support. We gotta be able to navigate the session view via midi commands so we don't need so many midi controls to record tracks, trigger clips, etc. Done reasonably, I think this could cause a lot of Echoplex users to sell their loopers.