Will Live 10 be able to use 32 bit plugins?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonbenderr

Re: Will Live 10 be able to use 32 bit plugins?

Post by jonbenderr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:00 pm

fisto wrote:Thats the main reason I left Ableton Live...
Yet you are still here?

On a forum for Ableton Live?

Why?

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

jonbenderr wrote:
fisto wrote:Thats the main reason I left Ableton Live...
Yet you are still here?

On a forum for Ableton Live?

Why?
because it's a great way to entertain myself with all the complaints about Live and people wanting basic stuff for years and not getting it.
And also because I can maybe rescue some lost souls and show them the way into the light -> Reaper + Bitwig. :lol: :roll:

EDIT: me still being on the forum although not using Live does not take anything away from my point that 32-bit plugin support is very relevant and can (like in my case) lead to a loss of customers even. So stay on topic bro. I've used Live for 10 years and had to jump ship because of that...

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Oh. Ok.

Keep up the good work!

It's very important what you are doing!

siehorst

Post by siehorst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm

For sure I will not leave live, but this ...
fisto wrote:Reaper and Bitwig have built-in bit-bridging and it works perfect. Really perfect!
... is one of the reasons why my daily tool is reaper.

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:52 pm

It is the devs of the 32-bit only plugins who abandoned those plugins (some decades ago).

Live actually supported 32-bit longer than most other DAWs (Logic, Cubase, ProTools, Reason, Studio One all 64-bit only).

32-bit bridge didn't help Sonar avoid being killed.

Some 32-bit plugins don't like bridges at all (instant crash or unstable), so in the end you could not be able to use your favorite 32-bit plugins anyways, even if Live implemented a bit-bridge.

Reaper's forum is full of people who only use 64-bit plugins (see the discussions about the bit-bridge there), but they sing another tune when talking to users of other DAWs or newbs.
Last edited by pottering on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥♥♥

siehorst

Post by siehorst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:57 pm

pottering wrote: Reaper's forum is full of people who only use 64-bit plugins (see the discussions about the bit-bridge there), but they sing another tune when talking to users of other DAWs or newbs.
sorry, not I, and I have not seen the others.
But everyone as he likes.

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 pm

siehorst wrote:
pottering wrote: Reaper's forum is full of people who only use 64-bit plugins (see the discussions about the bit-bridge there), but they sing another tune when talking to users of other DAWs or newbs.
sorry, not I, and I have not seen the others.
But everyone as he likes.
Same here, have not encountered this for now too in the reaper forum.
Also, I‘m still using Live, but Live 9. until all projects are done there and exported for mixing in Reaper.
New projects are being started in Bitwig, and will again be mixed in Reaper.

And I‘m even running 32-bit reaper with mostly 32 bit plugins, bridging some 64-bit plugs without any problems.

I just dont like when the software I use tries to dictate what stuff and how I should use the stuff which was running perfectly on my machine for years. Not gonna take the risk to update loads of plugs just because I should without any gain than being on 64 bit. Its utter nonsense to me.
And L10 wanted exactly that: „if you wanna use Live further, update all your plugs to 64 bit and forget about those that are 32 bit only!“
Me: „Definetely not! Goodbye and travel safe“

How comes that you still get most plugs also in 32 bit still in 2018?

This „futureproof“ argument is nothing but a bad excuse.

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm not talking about individuals, it is way too easy to make accounts with different names.

I'm talking about groups.

As a group, the bit-bridge is not important for Reaper users, many if not most are running 64-bit only, the bit-bridge in Reaper uses extra CPU (EvilDragon said this) and most plugins have 64-bit versions nowadays.

Reaper users only talk about the bit-bridge when bragging about Reaper, and shitting on other DAWs.
♥♥♥

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:33 pm

"Oh Live doesn't load 32-bit plugins anymore! What do I do?"

JBridge 15 EUR

Reaper 60/225 USD

Bitwig 379 EUR

"Oh I'm going to get Reaper and Bitwig, then make a big deal about how bad it is you need to BUY JBridge (how dare they!) to use 32-bit plugins in Live, that's the most rational choice!"
♥♥♥

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 pm

@pottering: my bad, I totally forgot that I'm dealing with kids here on the live-forum and not grown-ups who can understand serious facts about a program and how people use those programs.
I appologize for bringing up a very relevant and true fact about the nonsense of dropping 32-bit support or making a native bit-bridge which other programs obviously can make and integrate natively into their program (J-bridge is not an option for me). And if you could read, you would understand.

Anyways, smooth sailing to you fanboys out there. Have fun with "the future" that is L10 and keep telling this ignorant nonsense to yourselves again and again!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 am

fisto wrote: Anyways, smooth sailing to you fanboys out there. Have fun with "the future" that is L10 and keep telling this ignorant nonsense to yourselves again and again!
We will, thanks for the cudos. You have fun yourself there too with your 32bit freeby plugins. Must be missing out on some gems if the lack of these loses you customers.

:)
Last edited by jestermgee on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:40 am

Let’s keep it civil please.