Kontakt 2 with Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thomasschenk

Post by thomasschenk » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:27 am

i'm coming over from cubase and really need help figuring out how to send different instruments from the same instance of kontakt into different channels in live. if you can point me to a good tutorial or anything i REALLY would appreciate it.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:32 am

look in tha manual for multiple channel VSTis.
basically, what you want to do is create midi tracks and route them to your kontakt track, and create audio tracks and route audio from your kontakt track, with monitor set to In.

thomasschenk

Post by thomasschenk » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:54 am

thanks for the reply... i am starting to think i'm crazy for trying to learn a new sequencer..? i'm just using the demo to see if it is worth changing and i think the manual is not as in depth as the one you have when you purchase. did you use any special tutorials when you started that you can point me to?

specialpop

automating kontakt...

Post by specialpop » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:21 pm

how are you automating parameters from different intruments coming out of one instance of kontakt? if i have two instruments coming into two tracks out of two different kontakt channels all the automation from either instrument only records onto the first instruments track!?

conny

Post by conny » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:28 pm

Interesting reading.
I've got Reaktor Komplete but haven't updated Kontakt. Waiting to get my comouter back from service.
You are wetting my appetite!

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

camarao

Post by camarao » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:08 pm

Today I loaded a Steinway Piano (light version) with Kontakt. Recorded a simple midi clip, and made the loop. The cpu was at 40 % (Powerbook 1,67 with 1,5gb ram). The Piano was loaded from a Lacie 800fw external drive.
The looop gets constantly out of sync! And I can hear some glitches also. When I've tried to overbud with more notes, the sound got crazy ! What was I doing wrong ?