an audible "ding" notification when an export has finished b

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
abiah

an audible "ding" notification when an export has finished b

Post by abiah » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

imagine how much collective time everyone is losing by doing something else while they wait for their long bounce to finish.. getting caught up in that secondary activity.. and then belatedly realising that the bounce finished 5 minutes ago already

could prob be an option on the export window rather than default on

i put this in centercode and im dumping it here too

McAnix

Re: an audible "ding" notification when an export has finished b

Post by McAnix » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I noticed that when I have my Push on that the screen will change back to normal once the bounce is done and I've started using it for that very purpose. I think it's a good idea, can you leave a link to vote on centercode, thanks.
Last edited by McAnix on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abiah

Post by abiah » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:12 pm

sure https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... f1b5df32fb

in case the link doesn't work, it has the same title and body

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:20 pm

abiah wrote:imagine how much collective time everyone is losing by doing something else while they wait for their long bounce to finish.. getting caught up in that secondary activity.. and then belatedly realising that the bounce finished 5 minutes ago already

could prob be an option on the export window rather than default on

i put this in centercode and im dumping it here too
Well I get one when it's finished. A short burst going into the effect returns. Listen actively once and learn to recognize it. I think a signal would be worse. You leave it on, starting up a facetime talking to this nice person and you get DING! in the middle of it. No thanks.
Make some music!

abiah

Post by abiah » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Stromkraft wrote:a facetime talking to this nice person and you get DING! in the middle of it..
this scenario would hardly even happen as

it would be optional, per render (in render window not the preference pane). read:
Abiah wrote:an option on the export window rather than default on
and the request obviously isn't for a horrible ultra loud stock bell "ding". it should be a super carefully designed subtle sound. try "blip" .

Unless you believe audio UI shouldn't exist in any circumstance. But if it does then a v strong case would be an optional end-of-process notification

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:13 pm

abiah wrote:
it would be optional, per render (in render window not the preference pane). read:

and the request obviously isn't for a horrible ultra loud stock bell "ding". it should be a super carefully designed subtle sound. try "blip" .

Unless you believe audio UI shouldn't exist in any circumstance. But if it does then a v strong case would be an optional end-of-process notification
Well, OK maybe this could work. I still think it will cause more problems though, even when you choose it. Meanwhile I just listen for that finish sound, that I like better as it's my sounds I hear in a short staccato.
Make some music!

dualcitizen

Post by dualcitizen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 pm

This would be an excellent feature. I would save so much time when I have to render alt-mixes! It's too easy to miss the short burst going into the returns.