Chain Selector - Filter macro's changes?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
sburke1

Chain Selector - Filter macro's changes?

Post by sburke1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello, Im using an Axiom to control a second computer dedicated to 9 instruments inside an instrument rack. I mapped 9 buttons to send a range of notes, which moves the chain selector to nine spots.

I have mapped the 8 knobs on the Axiom to move the 8 macros on all of these instrument racks. The only problem is that when I move the knobs while playing "instrument 1" the macros also move on "instrument 2". The "Chain selector filters MIDI ctrl" preference on the chain selector does not work for macros. I was wondering if anyone has already remedied this with m4l?

A workaround I was thinking about was having the 9 buttons also trigger 9 dummy clips to reset the settings every time I switch, but then my computer would start playing, adding CPU. Also , a "snapshot" type of workaround would reset my patches when I probably would not want that a lot of the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Macbook Pro 15'' 2.6 ghz 4GB ram, zero sl, kaos pad, microkorg, roctron banshee, rhodes, clav, motif, fc300

www.myspace.com/samburkecambridge
www.youtube.com/samburkevideo

renanvcarvalho

Re: Chain Selector - Filter macro's changes?

Post by renanvcarvalho » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:57 pm

same problem here! I'm trying to figure, when they will fix this.

renanvcarvalho

Post by renanvcarvalho » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:59 pm

oh my, i just realized that ableton has this problem since 2008, vsshhh
this is so so frustrating.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:15 pm

You need to have a MIDI Controller that has a control surface script with the device control feature.

Either that or write your own, it's not an issue of Live it's how it works so there's nothing to fix. Directly MIDI mapping anything will always have that mapping mapped, it has no context of whether its in focus or not.

Cheers
D