Multi MIDI clip editing

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Sureno

Multi MIDI clip editing

Post by Sureno » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 pm

with the release of reason 10.2 they have just blown my mind with multi clip editing, highlight a selection of clips and right click edit, it then ops up the midi editor with all selected clips notes over lapping with centre of focus selection. so basically you can correlate between patterns in particular those that work off/together with each other. this in my opinion is a game changer. to the point i can see myself cracking open my version of reason to do more then just rewire lol

pottering

Re: Multi MIDI clip editing

Post by pottering » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:36 am

Sureno wrote:with the release of reason 10.2 they have just blown my mind with multi clip editing, highlight a selection of clips and right click edit, it then ops up the midi editor with all selected clips notes over lapping with centre of focus selection. so basically you can correlate between patterns in particular those that work off/together with each other. this in my opinion is a game changer. to the point i can see myself cracking open my version of reason to do more then just rewire lol
That is how Live 10 works since last year, almost a year before.

Don't even need to right-click anything in Live, just select the Clips.
♥♥♥

Sureno

Post by Sureno » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:19 pm

pottering wrote:
Sureno wrote:with the release of reason 10.2 they have just blown my mind with multi clip editing, highlight a selection of clips and right click edit, it then ops up the midi editor with all selected clips notes over lapping with centre of focus selection. so basically you can correlate between patterns in particular those that work off/together with each other. this in my opinion is a game changer. to the point i can see myself cracking open my version of reason to do more then just rewire lol
That is how Live 10 works since last year, almost a year before.

Don't even need to right-click anything in Live, just select the Clips.
Ok wtf is going on how did I not know about this!!! Amazing!!! Thank you for pointing this out, damn I wonder what else Iv missed and to think I thought I pretty much knew Ableton!!!!

JuSchu

Post by JuSchu » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:22 am

pottering wrote:That is how Live 10 works since last year, almost a year before.
It doesn't really matter but Live 10 came out this year.