Load project from max for live device

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
jinek

Load project from max for live device

Post by jinek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Is it possible to load project (by file path) in Ableton from Max device?
May be it is possible to do it somehow else?
I want to automate changing project while playing somehow - so I wouldn't need to do it using mouse in "Browser" window.
Pathing file name in Live.exe parameter is not an option, as I have two instances running and need to do it in exact live instance

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Load project from max for live device

Post by [jur] » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:50 pm

No... but that's maybe the kind of thing that NodeForMax can do.
Ableton Forum Moderator

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:53 am

Yes you can.
I do it with a separate Max Patch, as I find it more convenient to pre-load a set list before the show. But there is no reason why it wouldn't work in M4L. You can load a set (or any file on your computer) with the message :

;
max launchbrowser $1

where $1 gets replaced by the file path, surrounded by " ".

Next, the thing is that Live will ask you to save your set when loading the next one. To get rid of this, I made http://maxforlive.com/library/device/4153/do-not-save. This device will automatically click the correct dialog boxes for you.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:30 am

chapelier fou wrote:Yes you can.
I do it with a separate Max Patch, as I find it more convenient to pre-load a set list before the show. But there is no reason why it wouldn't work in M4L. You can load a set (or any file on your computer) with the message :

;
max launchbrowser $1

Next, the thing is that Live will ask you to save your set when loading the next one. To get rid of this, I made http://maxforlive.com/library/device/4153/do-not-save. This device will automatically click the correct dialog boxes for you.
:idea:
Ableton Forum Moderator

jinek

Post by jinek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am

chapelier fou wrote:Yes you can.

;
max launchbrowser $1

Amazing! Thanks a lot, will try it