Crashing On Live 10.0.5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SankoPro

Crashing On Live 10.0.5

Post by SankoPro » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Live 10 will crash anytime 3rd Party Plugins Are used such as Serum, Nerve, anything from DADA Life. This has never happened on LIVE 10 until recent 10.0.5 update. This was very problematic on LIVE 9 as well which has prevented me from using Live 9. Its to the point where certain works cannot be opened without crashing( Will open if i disable plug ins buuuttt even using them on new projects results the same issue). These are major plugins used by many artists. How are these not optimized properly by Albeton already? I have the same results on 3 different systems. First system is a laptop 8750h with 32gb ram 512 m.2 storage gtx 1060 running windows 10. Second System Laptop running Ryzen 1700 with 16 gb ram storage 1 tb ssd Rx580 windows 10. Third system Laptop i9 8950hk 32gb ram gtx 1080 windows 10. So its odd to me that on 3 different laptops with different configurations result in same issues. Just wanted to raise a red flag and see if anyone has ran into this issue and if so what was the fix? I can tell you right now that it is not a hardware issue even though it seems that Ableton likes to point out every possibility except their own software issues. Also let it be known i have contacted the third party sellers of these plug ins and they seemed to be confused by the issue as well. Thank you.

TLW

Re: Crashing On Live 10.0.5

Post by TLW » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:24 pm

I had quite a lot of crashes with 10.0.3 and 10.0.4. 10.0.5 seems better behaved, only one crash with that version so far.

I don’t think my crashes just involve third party plugins - some have been when using only Live’s own plugins and the 10.0.5 crash was caused by zooming out a waveform in session view’s editor using the “-“ hot key.

I’m using a 2015 i7 Retina MacBook Pro and RME UFX interface.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

SankoPro

Post by SankoPro » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm

TLW wrote:I had quite a lot of crashes with 10.0.3 and 10.0.4. 10.0.5 seems better behaved, only one crash with that version so far.

I don’t think my crashes just involve third party plugins - some have been when using only Live’s own plugins and the 10.0.5 crash was caused by zooming out a waveform in session view’s editor using the “-“ hot key.

I’m using a 2015 i7 Retina MacBook Pro and RME UFX interface.

IT would seem that Live 10 is just poorly optimized. From your current hardware they might have resolved most issues for Apple users in return making it worse for windows users. I had a buddy have similar experience based off of what you're saying using his MacPro.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Im on Windows 10 and have not had any issues using Serum at all. What is your version of Serum? Is it up to date?

SankoPro

Post by SankoPro » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:52 pm

jestermgee wrote:Im on Windows 10 and have not had any issues using Serum at all. What is your version of Serum? Is it up to date?
Yes, its up to date. v1.21b4. The crashing revolves around making my own wave tables on serum and saving them. During Saving it crashes Ableton. Ableton Crashes way more though using Nerve and DADA life.

djeds

Post by djeds » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 am

I'm also crashing so much over here, can't even open some of my projects, so sad

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 am

Please contact support@ableton.com explaining your situation and make sure to attach the crash report packs.
thx!
Ableton Forum Moderator

bytheriver

Post by bytheriver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

I have a crash that happens every time on 10.5 and the latest beta, just sent this to support:
I have an issue with live 10.5 and the 10.5b6. Crash happens when I do the following:
Session view on push 2
hit clip view
hold select and select an empty clip space in an audio track
scroll to user files
scroll to folder called 'record crate'
scroll through mp3 files in that folder, live crashes 10/10 times.

Total cripples the software and push2 when it comes to using it as a live DJ tool.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm

bytheriver wrote:I have a crash that happens every time on 10.5 and the latest beta, just sent this to support:
I have an issue with live 10.5 and the 10.5b6. Crash happens when I do the following:
Session view on push 2
hit clip view
scroll to user files

Total cripples the software and push2 when it comes to using it as a live DJ tool.
Sounds like you have something in a custom User folder causing issues. If it happend 100% of the time it should be easy to track down. Start by removing half your files in that folder and do a test. If it does not crash, take those out and put the others back. If it crashes again you know it's a file or folder that Live does not agree with and keep removing half the files until you narrow it down.

If you are in the Beta test group, submit a proper report and crash logs as it will include usable info such as your OS for a start.

bytheriver

Post by bytheriver » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 pm

jestermgee wrote:
bytheriver wrote:I have a crash that happens every time on 10.5 and the latest beta, just sent this to support:
Session view on push 2
hit clip view
scroll to user files

Sounds like you have something in a custom User folder causing issues. If it happend 100% of the time it should be easy to track down. Start by removing half your files in that folder and do a test. If it does not crash, take those out and put the others back. If it crashes again you know it's a file or folder that Live does not agree with and keep removing half the files until you narrow it down.

If you are in the Beta test group, submit a proper report and crash logs as it will include usable info such as your OS for a start.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've submitted crash logs. I've also half out and tried with both halfs and it still happens every time. I think it must be some issue with Push and lots of Mp3 files or something.

SankoPro

Post by SankoPro » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 am

[jur] wrote:Please contact support@ableton.com explaining your situation and make sure to attach the crash report packs.
thx!

I've done that annnnnd you guys said to contact third party who makes the program..... So sounds like Ableton needs better optimization otherwise alot of business is going to walk out the door.

Speaking of which i only checked this post of mine because my Ableton live 10 wont stop crashing and this is on a brand new desktop(same issues as original post). So that would be ((((4))))) different computers now that i have the same issue........

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 am

Well, if you're having issues with 3rd party plugins, it sure is worth it to ask those developers.
If your issue was possibly on Live's side, the support would receive reports from many users using the same plugins. When cases are isolated it usually means that you need to search either on the 3rd party developers side and/or your system.

[edit] Sorry, I've just realised that everything was fine with older L10 versions, right? But you were already have this issue with L9?
Did you explain that prior to L10.0.5 it was fine?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Street Spirit

Post by Street Spirit » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Same here Live Lite graphics are all messed up, and any vst used freezes up.
Wow Lol. Glad i havent shelled out half my rent money for the 10 upgrade yet.
GYST Ableton!

djkilldyl

Post by djkilldyl » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Restart Ableton Holding "Option" - This turns off you plugins - try open project again

If it opens save with new Ableton 10.0.5

Then delete your preferences.cfg folder - google this

Then open Ableton again and re-scan plugins - hopefully will work properly now

I couldn't open anything in 10.0.5 - now Ive done this its running hella fast.

Street Spirit

Post by Street Spirit » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks I'll give this a try