Some Push 1 Questions

Discuss Push with other users.
Orbit-50

Some Push 1 Questions

Post by Orbit-50 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:13 am

Ok, so I see all these Push 1 tutorials on YouTube and the display always looks red to me, yet my Push display at home looks green. Why is that? Is it some kind of weird optical illusion?

My other question about Push 1 is, is there any way to rename session view tracks through the Push hardware? Thanks for any help with this.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWs and plugins.

jestermgee

Re: Some Push 1 Questions

Post by jestermgee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 am

Ok, so I see all these Push 1 tutorials on YouTube and the display always looks red to me, yet my Push display at home looks green. Why is that? Is it some kind of weird optical illusion?
Probably just the way the camera picks up the colour. It's green from 4 year old memory of having a P1.
My other question about Push 1 is, is there any way to rename session view tracks through the Push hardware? Thanks for any help with this.
Nope

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Hey thanks jestermgee. It's wild how it looks reddish orange in every video. Also, bummer on the renaming from Push. I figured I might have been overlooking something so I figured I'd ask.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:52 am

Im colourblind so wouldn't ever notice how it looks in videos compared to real life but because it's a VFD display it would probably throw off some kind of infrared light signature that may affect some cameras CCD when it picks it up making it appear more red than it actually is.

Since Push doesn't have a keyboard (but your computer does) it really makes no sense to have rename features that you would have to somehow fiddle with your knob to enter when you have a full QWERTY keyboard 3ft away.

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:12 pm

jestermgee wrote:Since Push doesn't have a keyboard (but your computer does) it really makes no sense to have rename features that you would have to somehow fiddle with your knob to enter when you have a full QWERTY keyboard 3ft away.
Well it depends on how old you are, but I've been around for a while and I grew up entering stuff into LED and LCD screens so it's natural for me. Hell, it's why I was drawn to Push. I thought wow, how cool would it be to work with the hardware interface alone, without having to go near the keyboard, mouse or monitor. If all of my tracks were being named with like 72 characters or something, then I could see your point of it being easier to use the computer keyboard, but for simple stuff like Bass, Lead etc.. it would make sense to have this functionality if we were truly going for complete liberation from the computer for music production with Live through use of Push.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 am

Well i'm 37 and worked within a tech field with PLCs and such so have done my fair share of entering descriptions using numpads, dials and press buttons and I can honestly say if I have the choice to use a dial and a button or walt 3ft to a keyboard to enter even the word Bass, I wouldn't hesitate to use the keyboard at all.

I know the mentality of some is to pretend computers don't exist and that Push should be able to do everything you can do on a computer (even if it will take 3x the fiddlin compared to using a mouse/keyboard) but it should be viewed as something that can enhance the experience rather than something that can 100% replace the computer itself.

Raypath

Post by Raypath » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:37 am

Has anyone tried changing the MIDI Remote Scripts for Push 1 in Live 10? Everytime I do it will not load the script..

I am seeking to change the root color from OCEAN to RED in pushbase- skindefault.pyc.
Tried, decompiling, recompiling, etc.

If anyone knows about changing the scripts for Push 1 in Live 10,please let me know.
frankfrontera.com