Arrangement view not scrolling?

Discuss Push with other users.
YannickBisson

Arrangement view not scrolling?

Post by YannickBisson » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:20 am

Hi all!

I'm new to Ableton / Push 2 and really like it so far. But there is something I can't figure out / find out in the manual: the arrangement view does not scroll when the tracks change focus. I select a track with Push 2, but the arrangement stay fixed even if the track is selected.

Is there something I am missing? :?

Cause, if it is the "normal" behaviour, it is real workflow killer for me. :roll:

Stromkraft

Re: Arrangement view not scrolling?

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:47 am

YannickBisson wrote:Hi all!

I'm new to Ableton / Push 2 and really like it so far. But there is something I can't figure out / find out in the manual: the arrangement view does not scroll when the tracks change focus. I select a track with Push 2, but the arrangement stay fixed even if the track is selected.

Cause, if it is the "normal" behaviour, it is real workflow killer for me. :roll:
"To have the Arrangement display follow the song position and scroll automatically, turn on the Follow switch, or use the Follow command from the Options menu"
6.1 Navigation
Make some music!

YannickBisson

Post by YannickBisson » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
YannickBisson wrote:Hi all!

"To have the Arrangement display follow the song position and scroll automatically, turn on the Follow switch, or use the Follow command from the Options menu"
6.1 Navigation

You miss read my question, I am not talking about the Song position, but the track selected.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 am

Yes I know exactly what you are saying and even before Push this has bugged me using an MCU or even the computer keyboard.

As you select tracks outside the view of the arrangement window they do not appear on-screen so it isn't a Push issue, it's Live not following track selection in arrangement.

Unfortunately arrangement is designed (and still adheres closely to) mouse and keyboard editing. It appears to be an assumption that a mouse/keyboard is required for arrangement editing so things like this assume you will be using your scroll wheel and modifier keys.

I changed the function of some of my MCU controls to send mouse wheel and arrow key movements instead of control movements in the arrangement window so this is fixed with a workaround for me, but not on Push and an option to allow "follow track selection" would be great.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 am

YannickBisson wrote:
You miss read my question, I am not talking about the Song position, but the track selected.
OK, but then this is not about scrolling, but rather about displaying.
Make some music!

MOSELEYNOISE

Post by MOSELEYNOISE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:40 am

Did you ever figure this out dude? Trying to get this sorted myself at the minute

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm

MOSELEYNOISE wrote:Did you ever figure this out dude? Trying to get this sorted myself at the minute
The answer is it is a Live issue that probably needs more voices to get it looked into.