Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 pm

marctdt wrote:Ok I ll do that.

Well i didn't really fixed it, because first the feature is a bit different than what was intended and I kind of just patched on the top of the issue instead of really fixing it.

But I know why it is not working, here a quick explanation:
If I understand properly the function duplicate_clip() is supposed to be triggered by

Code: Select all

@duplicate_button.pressed
	def duplicate_button(self, button):
		if self.can_perform_clip_action():
			clip = self.get_clip()
			duplicate_clip(self.song(), clip.canonical_parent, should_launch=True)
(https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad_Pro ... ent.py#L89)
which have the parameter "should_launch" set to True.

But in fact Duplicate_Button.pressed is never called and is triggered by

Code: Select all

def _do_duplicate_clip(self):
		if self._clip_slot:
			duplicate_clip(self.song(), self._clip_slot)
(https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad_Pro ... ent.py#L74)
which keep "should_launch" to False

I don't know why Duplicate_Button.pressed is not triggered, and I was not able to understand what "should_launch" is doing. When "should_launch" is False, the function doesn't seems to do anything.
Awesome !

i merged the pull request and released an update.

thanks a bunch :)

marctdt

Post by marctdt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Cool!

alfons73

Post by alfons73 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:21 am

Hi,

I'm really digging the Script with my Launchpad mini did some changes to fit my needs. Now I'm trying to use one of the modes i don't use (Instrument, Step Sequencer, User1/2) to send MIDI CC Messages with the Matrix Buttons (mainly for program change reasons).
I tried to mess with the button initialization in Launchpad.py and the methods for the mode setups in MainSelectorComponent.py to adjust the MIDI Message sent by the buttons according to the selected mode. But whatever I change, Ableton recieves the exact same Midi message as before. Obviously I can adjust the Midi note value sent in instrument/sequencer mode, but I can't change the msg_type (MIDI_NOTE_TYPE to MIDI_CC_TYPE)

Has anyone an idea to make this work?
Best regards
alfons73

TheRealNeel

Post by TheRealNeel » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 am

Hello, I really like Launchpad95 and I thought I could give some update suggestions.
I see that you have made it into a "mini-Push" but maybe you could add some features from Ableton's new push, Push 2?
For example, Maybe the ability to add new tracks and devices from the launchpad?

Thanks

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:34 am

You'll have to ask Novation, they're the ones who made the Launchpad, not Ableton :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Torbjörn Hedberg

Post by Torbjörn Hedberg » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:39 pm

I get that this thread is about creating music with Launchpad. My question is more about playing back music that's already created but you people here seem pretty handy with LP and Live so I ask it here anyway.

This is my question: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=230963

Don't mind doing av bit of scripting myself but I do need a hint about what's possible and where to head off to.

Any takes?

Djeridu

Post by Djeridu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi! I discovered launchpad95 and it's really amaziiiing!!!
After reading all documentation several times i cannot find one thing that is basic to me:
How are the notes distributed across the buttons depending on the selected mode? And why are a lot of notes repeated?

What i have seen is that launchpad 95 changes default layout where first 4 rows are for lower notes and next 4 rows for higher notes to notes distributed along all the row but If there exists some additional information will be really useful.

Many thanks for reading, I hope explained enough well.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:02 pm

It has a similar layout to Ableton Push. But there are options in the settings for changing those behaviors. On the main Launchpad95 site is a nice big list of all the modes you can pick between.

But yeah, to learn more about the default layout just look into the Ableton Push layout to get an idea of what it is.

Djeridu

Post by Djeridu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am

Hi, I've seen all the modes that you can select but there is not any information or easy way to see what es the note layout depending on the modes you selected and I cannot understand why you get repeated notes, sometimes twice, sometimes more.

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 am

Here's a video for using drum racks on Push 2. The layout of the pads are exactly as it is on launchpad95.

https://youtu.be/RFoI54IICTs

For the Melodic Step Sequencer, the pads on the bottom row select the loop brace on the clip. The next seven rows above that are for the notes of the scale that's been selected. By default, the scale is C major.

bmilly

Post by bmilly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Hello I just upgraded to 10.0.2 and I had been using launchpad95 a lot with my launchpad mini in Live 9. Now that I've updated, however, Ableton doesn't seem to recognize Launchpad95 and when I set the control surface to "Launchpad95" It turns my launchpad into a "normal" midi controller where all buttons, even the side panel buttons, send a midi note. When I set the control surface to the normal launchpad setting, it works as a normal launchpad should... but that's lame and not what I want. Can anyone tell me what's going on? I just want my step sequencer back!

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 am

You need to download the latest build. I have it working on all Live 10 releases.

If you go the Launchpad95 website, you can find it there.

bmilly

Post by bmilly » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:06 pm

I did redownload it and I'm still having the same issue.

mots

Post by mots » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 am

bmilly wrote:I did redownload it and I'm still having the same issue.
make sure you installed in the right place it happened to many users. some have multiple version of live, some put the file in a sub folder of the folder.

to make sure you did it right, delete the Launchpad95 folder, restart live, the Launchpad95 should disappear from the dropdown in control surface.
add them install the script again, and start live, launchpad95 should appear again the in dropdown, if the files are at the right place (and live will create some .pyc, compiled version of the python files, in the folder)

Raypath

Post by Raypath » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 pm

I love Launchpad 95. Works great on Live 10, only one small loading issue I have cureently - I have the lp mini mk2 and it loads the mk1 skins, which has some limited options in comparison. If anyone knows how to work around this, pleas elet me know. Thanks
frankfrontera.com