MPC software and ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ast3rix

MPC software and ableton

Post by Ast3rix » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi,

I’m a noob and I am having an issue not just with my MPC software but randomly I’ve noticed that my settings like sound selection in vsts are not being saved when I save a set. Am I missing something? This really makes things difficult if your building multi layered sounds or in the case of my MPC drum pad sets. I never had these type of issues in reason. I’m really taken back by this simple task. I shouldn’t have to save sound banks and all of that because the daw should be doing that.
Ast3rix
————————
Ast3rix Music
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIW7PU ... 6qwiiX5n2A

jestermgee

Re: MPC software and ableton

Post by jestermgee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:53 am

You really need to post details of what you are having issues with.

- Your PC/Mac version
- Your Live Version
- The plugin you find you are having issues with and the version of that plugin
- Anything else that may help more than "things aren't working for me, what can I do"???

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 pm

I save on both the MPC software and Ableton. Ive chosen a different file path than the default MPC location, that way I have no problem backing up, loading the file and remembering the location.

I always check if the MPC software saved it properly. Ive noticed that if you erase a MPC file and save to the same file path you run into problems.

I sometimes save the MPC file to a temporary location, until I know it loads properly. Ill move it after I know it works and save it again in Ableton.

Ast3rix

Post by Ast3rix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 am

jestermgee wrote:You really need to post details of what you are having issues with.

- Your PC/Mac version
- Your Live Version
- The plugin you find you are having issues with and the version of that plugin
- Anything else that may help more than "things aren't working for me, what can I do"???

I am running MacOs Mojave and so far the vets affected by this problem are as follows:

Aksi MPC 2.0
Spectrasonics Keyscape
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5

I noticed this the most with the mpc software as I use it for all of my drums. I'm creating song patterns to build out my drum performances. I've been saved by the temporary saves that the program performs and then have manually saved the songs which is just not what is expected inside of.a DAW. This is the first time I've ever had this issue.
Ast3rix
————————
Ast3rix Music
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIW7PU ... 6qwiiX5n2A

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 am

I use Omnisphere all the time, in almost every production and have not had this issue before.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:53 am

I did notice this a bit with the MPC 2.2 software, it's variable though. Oddly enough if you look in the "load Recent" menu in these cases you'll find some 'saved states' not projects you loaded, but it's what you think that means, if the last song you worked on with MPC as a VSTi was the one you're currently in, it will load the MPC Sequence. This is probably a MPC bug, but it's also possible it's a Live 10 bug, but the fact it shows in the MPC software like that makes me think it's the MPC.

There's and update from 2.2 to 2.3 coming in the next couple days that I would guess will fix this among other things.
They're really touting it as pretty much as great of an update as a paid upgrade is.

It's with Maschine and the MPC that you really get a nice CPU hit in Live, blah! :x
I actually think loading Live as a reWire Slave to Reaper and loading the MPC2 into Reaper is a more CPU efficient method... crazy, but that's some serious power there! 8)