Max instruments stuck in full screen

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
gross9978

Max instruments stuck in full screen

Post by gross9978 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Anyone else having this issue? A few max for live devices open in full screen and I have to close Ableton to get out of it. Using live 10.

Tarekith

Re: Max instruments stuck in full screen

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm

What OS are you using? Can you let me know which devices you're seeing this with?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

gross9978

Post by gross9978 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 pm

I’m on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4
I’ve noticed it happens with MSE from max for cats and skinner box drum machine. Hypermorph from sonic faction does it also but can be 3 finger swiped back to Ableton, the first two can’t.

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Fri May 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Yep very annoying. It's especially annoying if you're in full screen mode. I don't have to close Live though, just click on the green resize button on the Max window, then it stops going fullscreen. Then click on Live in the Dock and it pops back up. If you're still in fullscreen and call up the max window again a similar issue will happen but the max window won't take up the fullscreen. The only solution I have found to view both Ableton and the Max window is to not be in fullscreen mode. I am a beta tester and pointed this out ages ago, heard nothing back.
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/

gross9978

Post by gross9978 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 am

Cool, I’ll try that out. It’s not the end of the world just annoying.

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 am

Just bumping this thread as this issue still remains. Anytime you are using a M4L device that has a floating window and open it when Live is being viewed fullscreen the device's window takes up the whole screen and there is no way to view it and Live simultaneously. You can resize the devices window put that doesn't help. VERY annoying!
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:44 pm

Razzkazz wrote:Just bumping this thread as this issue still remains. Anytime you are using a M4L device that has a floating window and open it when Live is being viewed fullscreen the device's window takes up the whole screen and there is no way to view it and Live simultaneously. You can resize the devices window put that doesn't help. VERY annoying!
i`m struggling with the same problem, but it`s kind of mysterious, because when you look at k-devices ESQ it`s working as it should. so i took a look at the patch and the window messages sent to the thispatcher object, copied that messages to my patch and...... it`s still not working. i really would love to know whats going on there