Effects' parametres not visible in clip view envlp drop down

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Unfazed

Effects' parametres not visible in clip view envlp drop down

Post by Unfazed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:36 am

In clip view envelope drop down, I can't get neither Utility nor its gain parameter to appear in the drop-down. What does appear is MIDI ct and then a list of 119 CC (I think) numbers, some with parameters assigned like 'breath control' 'pitch bend' but most unassigned and reading 'n - (Controller)' where n is is a positive integer < 120.

How do I get it to recognise the effects' parameters in the effects chain?

Unfazed

Re: Effects' parametres not visible in clip view envlp drop down

Post by Unfazed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 am

I just tried it on Live 9 and I get the effects and their parametres showing up in the drop down list. Why doesn't it work in Live 10?

justanametouse

Post by justanametouse » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Isn't there a "show adjustable parameters" option or something similar in the drop down where MIDI Control is selected? I don't remember the exact name as I don't have Ableton in front of me right now.

EDIT: If you're editing a clip envelope from Session View, the thing I was talking about was "show all envelopes."
Last edited by justanametouse on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrk

Post by chrk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 pm

19.5 Drawing and Editing Automation

First image, first entry: the automation mode toggle.

Unfazed

Post by Unfazed » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:38 am

That switch, and 'show all automation channels' works for automation in arrangement and session views. I'm trying to use automation in the envelopes section of the clip view.

This is from Chapter 20 of the manual:

The Clip View’s Envelopes Box.
The top menu is the Device chooser, which selects a general category of controls with which to work. Device chooser entries are different for different kinds of clips:
•Audio clips have entries for “Clip” (the clip’s sample controls), every effect in the track’s device chain, and the mixer.
•MIDI clips have entries for “MIDI Ctrl“ (MIDI controller data), every device in the track’s device chain, and the mixer.

The problem is solved. The effects' and instrument's params are available in the clip view envelope section in the session view but not the arrangement view. It is in the arrangement view that you get the list of CC numbers.

chrk

Post by chrk » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:08 am

Unfazed wrote:The problem is solved. The effects' and instrument's params are available in the clip view envelope section in the session view but not the arrangement view. It is in the arrangement view that you get the list of CC numbers.
Ah yes, see:
Any automation in Session View becomes track-based automation when clips are recorded or copied into Arrangement View.
at the end of 19.2 Recording Automation in Session View

britmoultroup

Post by britmoultroup » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Found it! I just updated to Live 10 too- it's the tiny blue arrows in a square up to the right of the parameter section. It enables it so you can use it just like in Live 9! :D :D :D :D :D :D