What happened to Conductr ?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
maky355

What happened to Conductr ?

Post by maky355 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am

I ordered Conductr around 2016.

Anyway out of all app out there (touchable, lemur etc.) i have found i liked Conductr the best of all. However i had to sell ipad at the end of that year. I missed Conductr so badly that now i actually bought ipad Air 2 again and exclusively just to be able to use Conductr again .

However when i log in i can't see Conductr in my history of purchases?! All apps are there but Conductr is missing? What happened? I never asked for refund nor did anyone sent me email of Conductr being removed.

Website is there and working. https://www.conductr.net/ But - When i click on ipad or on desktop computer that button top right on their website (Download on the AppStore) i am getting not found error. Like item is removed from the Appstore.

Also trying to find Conductr in AppStore through Search provide me no results.

Why i can't see it anymore? Can anyone who previously purchased Conductr can try to tell me - do you see it in store? When you are on their website try to click on "Download in App Store" button - top right corner on their website. Tell me is it working for you?

Damn i bought ipad again solely for that Conductr keyboard...I can't understand what happened?

Kind regards

fishmonkey

Re: What happened to Conductr ?

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:13 am

looks like development and support died sometime last year...

maky355

Post by maky355 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

How can you tell? Any links? How weird is that their website is still going fine..

Can you help me, i mean do i have any alternative? It's mind boggling i paid for an app which can't be downloaded anywhere at all. Is there any way i could possibly download this app and run it on my ipad? I literally bought an iPad solely for Conductr only to find out it is missing...

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am

well, their app is no longer in the App Store. and their social media pages are dead.

you could recover the app from an iOS backup. however, it is also possible that it won't work properly on recent iOS versions.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 pm

fishmonkey wrote:well, their app is no longer in the App Store. and their social media pages are dead.

you could recover the app from an iOS backup. however, it is also possible that it won't work properly on recent iOS versions.
Man that is so unfortunate for me...i visited their website which is still to these days modern looking and it was there so my impression was that they are still ongoing. I don't visit social media.

So i bought iPad only to see app is nowhere to be found. Needless to say i never get any notification of app deleting from my account nor did i have Cloud backup..

What a bunch of twats and morons over at Apple. They could at least let me know they removed it. I am so terribly disappointed in latest ios.

I mean in 2016 i could open a PDF in safari and Save it to my goddamn Ipad. Today i run it only to find i CAN NOT do that anymore . No really i can not i just tried half hour messing and visited forums. I have option to store PDF in cloud and on ipad but ipad is greyed out.

It appear that now i have to store it on cloud first then there i can store it to my ipad. And this is supposedly way to go because now i can have same file in cloud whaaat? How stupid is that?! Why would i want to clog my cloud with stuff i don't want to be in cloud. Ahhh i get it they want me to pay more for increased storage.

What on earth are they working over at Cupertino do they really get paid to make idiotic limitations?

I mean what the fuck so rudimentary function as save to my ipad is now being defunct. I am having really hard time with this crap. Now i can't use Conductr either. My money goes to nothing. How cool..

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 pm

:lol:

You are kind of blaming all the wrong people over this. If the dev stops updating and supporting the app then it is removed automatically, not an Apple conspiracy against you. One of the dangers people run over investing in software on a platform that does not offer proper backwards compatibility.

You have used the contact details on their site and written to them asking what you can do haven't you?

maky355

Post by maky355 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:00 pm

jestermgee wrote::lol:

You are kind of blaming all the wrong people over this. If the dev stops updating and supporting the app then it is removed automatically, not an Apple conspiracy against you. One of the dangers people run over investing in software on a platform that does not offer proper backwards compatibility.

You have used the contact details on their site and written to them asking what you can do haven't you?
What on earth are you talking about? Who say anything about conspiracy?? I blame dev for abandoning app and not letting me know about it. I also blame Apple for doing so. Wrong people? Are there possibly someone else? Santa? Is there anyone else to blame? I also blame apple for removing mandatory features in newer OS such as SAVE TO MY IPAD. Can you believe it? Well better believe now they force their cloud system. I can save only to cloud first and then and only then to my ipad. How stupid is that? I can not save a friggn PODF to my ipad. I mean come on!!!

Oh yea they want my money to spend on more cloud storage.

Yes of course i sent them email (to conductr contact email) and since noone replied i cam here to ask.

Thanks anyway. My iPad is about to be sold i will never return to this piece of garbage (i think on software, hardware wise ipad is just fine piece)

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 am

Still no answer from Conductr's dev?
Ableton Forum Moderator

maky355

Post by maky355 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 am

[jur] wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 am
Still no answer from Conductr's dev?
No sadly they are not responding to anyone.

Domain is active though. I sincerely hope they will continue to sell Conductr and port it to Android.

albuquerque jr.

Post by albuquerque jr. » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:43 pm

They're dishonest. Unfortunately, there may have been the death of the developer wich seems unknown. But the fact is that someone must exist who can take responsibility for removing their website. Look, man, Its still possible to PURCHASE the App on the website, paying 19 euros, AND IT DOESN'T EXIST THE APP ON APPLE STORE ANYMORE! AH, This has a name: the name of this is dishonesty, trickery.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm

If it’s not in the app store, there’s no way to buy it even if it shows a price.