Issue: Transport buttons not responding for Launchkey MK2

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
electrost

Issue: Transport buttons not responding for Launchkey MK2

Post by electrost » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 pm

I started off using Live 9 Intro and a Novation Launchkey MK1 25-key. I arranged a bunch of songs in Live 9, then upgraded to Live 10 Standard and dragged those songs into a new mega live set. Did some tweaking and everything has been working fine when I play through the whole set with the Launchkey MK1 25 (presets and chains to switch automatically between MIDI instruments for different songs and scenes; automatically turn off audio effects depending on the scene/song; follow actions within each song; etc).

I just got a Novation Launchkey MK2 61-key that I want to use instead of the Launchkey MK1 25. I can play the MIDI parts with the new keyboard, but its transport buttons (scene forward or back, play, stop, etc) don't work in this mega live set I've created.

I have InControl turned on with both keyboards; oddly, though, when using the Launchkey MK2 61-key, I can turn the top two InControl buttons on and off (the "Hold" InControl button next to the knobs; and the middle InControl button that works with the faders), but not the bottom one (that points to the bottom row of pads); this one refuses to turn off.

If I unplug the MK2 61-key and plug the MK1-25 key back in, everything works again (including the transport buttons).

If I create a brand NEW set and use the MK2 61-key, everything (including the transport buttons) works.

But I can't get the transport buttons to work in the mega live set with the new Launchkey MK2 61-key.

If I open one of the individual songs in Live 10 and try to use the Launchkey MK2 61-key with it, the transport buttons don't work there either.

Any idea why this might be happening? I'm not even really sure where to start. I'm wondering if something in the mega live set is messing with the standard MIDI mappings that the Launchkey has for the transport buttons, but then I'm not sure why it isn't an issue with the Launchkey MK1 25. I'm also wondering if the MK2 61-key doesn't like something about how the songs were configured in Live 9.

MIDI settings:

jestermgee

Re: Issue: Transport buttons not responding for Launchkey MK2

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Why do you have 2 Launchkey scripts?

First suggestion would be to blank out all the control surface slots, connect just 1 controller and set the script for that one device. Then if you want a second, repeat. You only want a single control script selected for a single device type or things get weird.

electrost

Post by electrost » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:27 am

Thanks--I tried that, using just the MK2 61-key, and the problem continues (see below). Also of note, I tried manually mapping the transport buttons and nothing happened; mapping other buttons/knobs on the controller works though.

electrost

Post by electrost » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:51 am

Ah! I'm silly. Went to Novation's website and downloaded firmware updater, now it's working :oops: :D