Automation Problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sfili

Automation Problem

Post by sfili » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am

Hi, I recently had a problem regarding any project in Ableton Live version 10.0.5. In short, every time I interrupt the audio all the automations are deactivated and I have to always click on the arrow (which turns red) on the top next to the "play" button to reactivate them. I have never experienced the "session view" and therefore can not be a problem of switching from one interface to another, maybe. I recently changed the midi controller but I reset all the interfaces in the settings. I have also changed computers but the problem persists. I don't use plug-in of "Max for Live" since I read around that could cause a similar problem. The biggest problem, however, is reflected in the export phase of the project, cause i can't reactivate the automations, which are then deactivated in the extracted audio file. Someone could give me a hand? Thanks in advance!

oratowsky

Re: Automation Problem

Post by oratowsky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 am

hey, how do u mean 'interrupt the audio' ?

have you tried it without the midi controller connected?

sfili

Post by sfili » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Sorry, i meant when i stop the song. The problem appear in the same way even if i remove all midi controllers. it seems that ableton mistakenly recognizes some controller that associates with automations.

oratowsky

Post by oratowsky » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 am

what parameters are automated in the session? many or only a few?

When you stop playback, what is the last step as shown in the Undo command (Edit menu) ?

you're saying when you stop playback, ALL automated parameters stop following their automation?

When you hit the MIDI assign mode (MIDI button top right) and expand the pane to the left, are there parameters that are assigned to midi controls? Delete them if so. Same for Key assign mode (Key button top right)

sfili

Post by sfili » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:31 am

Thank you for your answer oratowsky! I recently found that only a few and particular parameter are disable when i stop the playback. I remember that i mapped those parameter with a MIDI controller to manipulate that. The thing i don't undestand is why are they are liable even if i deleted all midi configuration, erase the cache of all VST (only for those who have the problem) and reset Ableton's preferences. It seems that ableton continues to receive an incorrect input from a midi controller that is not connected. I don't know how to solve that :(