window toggling 2 questions with VSTs, Komplete Kontrol + SD

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Sebastian

window toggling 2 questions with VSTs, Komplete Kontrol + SD

Post by Sebastian » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Happy Friday all!

Im hoping to figure this out......

I use Native Komplete Kontrol and Superior Drummer 3 plug ins in Ableton tracks.

When I go into tracks with VSTs to edit or change the sound on the VSTs, for me to see the Ableton window again, I have to X out of the plug in window. The better way would be to be able to click between windows back and forth (Ableton and VST window). Is this achievable? I looked at the preferences for both VSTs and neither seem to have an option for this. Couldnt figure it out in the Ableton preferences either. Halp!

My other question is....when wanting to go back to a VST to do whatever, after I select the track where that VSt may be..... it seems I have to click on the VST's tool button every time I wanna edit the VST for the VST windows to load? There is no quicker way to make it appear?

By the way, Komplete Kontrol has to be loaded into a track as an Instrument rack, not sure if that affects anything. Komplete Kontrol lets you access all your NI plug ins in one place.

thank you!

jestermgee

Re: window toggling 2 questions with VSTs, Komplete Kontrol + SD

Post by jestermgee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 am

If you are unfortunate enough to only have a single monitor then you can set the preferences option to only allow the focused tracks plugins to show. That would be one thing you can do so they will hide when you select another track.

Next thing is you can manually hide/show the plugin window using CTRL(CMD) + ALT + P

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/live- ... shortcuts/

You need to manually open the plugin window first using the VST "spanner" button but once the window is open you can hide/show it with the key combo

Sebastian

Re: window toggling 2 questions with VSTs, Komplete Kontrol + SD

Post by Sebastian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 am

thanks ill check it out!