Multiple Drum Samples in Sampler

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Creature Lurkin

Multiple Drum Samples in Sampler

Post by Creature Lurkin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:25 am

I'm wondering how to load a bunch of drum samples or stabs into a sampler and have each sample triggered by a different MIDI key. Not have the pitch go up or down based on the key I press either, but have each sample triggered at it normal pitch. I've seen people do it briefly, but can't quite figure it out.

siliconarc

Re: Multiple Drum Samples in Sampler

Post by siliconarc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 pm

– Drop your samples onto Sampler and open zone editor.
– Press-hold the midi note you want the first sample to be played on, and double-click that sample's zone - it will shrink to that note.
– Repeat for your other samples, placing them where you want with the note-hold & zone double-click method.
– Once all samples are on the desired note, select all zones and right-click them > Distribute Ranges Equally.

Creature Lurkin

Re: Multiple Drum Samples in Sampler

Post by Creature Lurkin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm

garyboozy wrote:– Drop your samples onto Sampler and open zone editor.
– Press-hold the midi note you want the first sample to be played on, and double-click that sample's zone - it will shrink to that note.
– Repeat for your other samples, placing them where you want with the note-hold & zone double-click method.
– Once all samples are on the desired note, select all zones and right-click them > Distribute Ranges Equally.

Works perfect!! Thanks man, your a legend.