Exporting error '.aad not found'

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Iamgeert

Exporting error '.aad not found'

Post by Iamgeert » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

I've recently moved to from 9 to Ableton 10. So far so good, some parts I like some parts I like less, but I can work with it so that's all good.

There's this one issue I cant seem to find an answer to anywhere. Whenever I export a project, everything seems normal, the track gets rendered in real-time until 100%, but afterwards I get an error about a .aad file that was not found. It doesn't state that the export therefore failed, but 9 times out of 10 it results into no .wav file that was outputted. To be honest, I'm not sure if the exported .wav is always missing when I see this error, sometimes exporting works fine.

The exact error message (see screenshot);
".../Caches/Cleanup At Startup/<project name>.aad" was not found.

I run Ableton 10 on a Mac with OS 10.14 (Mojave).

Hope someone can help me identify the issue here :)

Tarekith

Re: Exporting error '.aad not found'

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

I'd definitely contact support@ableton.com for this one.

Iamgeert

Post by Iamgeert » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks Tarekith, I'll make sure to do that. Any updates I'll post here for anyone running in the same issue in the future.

I've found at least one more case, here; https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... sage_when/

Things I've already tried;
- Switching off Google Drive sync, which sometimes introduces quircky behavior when having to deal with Ableton file-management (replacing of files, etc)
- I've researched the whole project on missing links or sources, found an atomation parameter that was locked to a disconneted MIDI controller but didn't resolve anything
- It so far happens with projects that I started in Ableton 9 and now continue working on in Ableton 10, even though I saved an Ableton 10 compatible new copy
- When I'm persistent and keep exporting the project over and over again, eventually the export does succeed (yesterday after 4 failed attempts)

Iamgeert

Post by Iamgeert » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:06 am

Update; after reaching out to ableton support; appearantly the latest OS X version 10.14 (Mojave) isn't supported yet. Releasedate for an update not yet available.

So we wait.. :)

carl.meschino

Post by carl.meschino » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:15 am

Any updates? I've just come across this issue yesterday and have no idea what to do.

Thanks!

randi

Post by randi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:45 pm

I only had this when real-time render did restart

dylanbowes

Post by dylanbowes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Hey all this problem has been plaguing me for a few days.

I had Dropbox sync running in the background and after a few people mentioned Google Drive sync being a problem, I went ahead and closed down the Dropbox sync. Not only did this fix the problem, but it sped up the render speed about 10x. I don't know if this is just a coincidence or if Dropbox does something with temp files running around the machine. Not my area of expertise! But I thought I'd drop in to say that this helped me.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks for letting us know.

ch3sha

Post by ch3sha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Has this been solved?

I am experiencing this issue today.

I did 2 successful exports in the last hour but now I keep getting this same error message.

"There was an error when writing the file "/Users/ch3sha/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup/Song1.aad."

Please help ;(

Things I have tried:
- I have tried restarting
- I have tried saving the Ableton file as a different new fil
- I have tried turning off Dropbox
- I have tried exporting a smaller part of the set
- I have tried exporting to my desktop instead of documents folder

castortroy

Post by castortroy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 am

I had this same issue earlier today. I just fixed it by disabling my external instruments. Hope this helps if anyone else runs in to it

phränki

Post by phränki » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:33 pm

I just had a TeamViewer-Session with the Ableton telephone support about this issue, as the remedies mentioned above didn't work for me. Seems not to be a well-known bug to the staff. But we were able to solve the problem experimentally, when we matched the export sample rate to Ableton's pre-set sample rate (48kHz instead of 192kHz in my case). Being said that this issue occurs on one particular Live Set here, while another Live Set exported without a problem on 192 kHz.
Another assumption was to delete Ableton's Cache folder(s), which did not help.
I also want to mention the fact, that the respective .aad-file is not missing in the Temp folder, it's actually there.

Just an update with hints that might help someone else.

Mike2804

Post by Mike2804 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:06 pm

I am running into the same problem on Win10

Mike2804

Post by Mike2804 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:36 am

Maybe it helps on Win10. Deleted all Ableton Files with the same name start from the temp folder. Did disable Dropbox. Did choose a super short name for export ("a"). This did work out. At least once.

Mike2804

Post by Mike2804 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:28 am

Ok, on Win10 a solution seems to be to just use a super short filename for export. Like "a".

DJXNils

Post by DJXNils » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:23 pm

I also have this problem and it works only with a very short export name (1 letter), thanks for this workaround.

I hope there is another solution for this in the future, i had this problem never before and then it appeared.