Annoying pops in session view sequence

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
existenzfest

Annoying pops in session view sequence

Post by existenzfest » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Dear Forum,

the last days I was trying to solve the riddle of annoying clicks or pops when launching a new scene in session view.

I constructed a sequence for a live show where I control clips in different tracks via a launch dummy clip in an adjacent track to create subtle fades. I attached a screenshot for further clarification.

Somehow and semmingly on random occasions, I here harsh little pops/clicks when I launch some clips through fireing off a new scene.

Has anyone encoutered this issue before and has an idea how to fix it?

(to quickly explain the constructed sequence:

track 2 (4) is receiving the audio of track 1 (3) entirely / the dummy clips marked with an x are standard audio clips with a gain of -64db (so silent) / they receive audio from the launched clips and give me flexibility to work with fades in several scenes without interrupting the playback of the adjacent clip)

https://imgur.com/a/e8xS8QE

thank you for every hint!

jestermgee

Re: Annoying pops in session view sequence

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 pm

OS & Audio Interface?
ASIO?
Buffer Settings?
Live Version?
Etc...?

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 am

Yeah, I get the same thing, the best I could do was not to use any of the complex warp modes, changing the buffer and all that other stuff doesn't fix it, well not by much. It's annoying drove me crazy, some clips never have the issue, some have it intermittently some have it all the time. Fades don't fix it either. One thing I can't remember trying was converting the clip to say an mp3 or cropping it to get rid of sections I don't need. But the only solution I could find at the time was not to use the complex warp modes.

existenzfest

Post by existenzfest » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 pm

@jestermage

I am using a MBP early 2015, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8gb ram with 10.14.1 Mojave and a NI Komplete Audio 6.
Live 10.0.5.

@Mcanix

yeah with more testing, i narrowed it down to 3 cues that do it all the time, 2 of them contain a similar clip.
fiddled around with the buffer sizes, no changes.
i will try to test different warp modes tomorrow morning. this is just crazy because there is no pattern...

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Try the RAM button on the problem clips.

I use the ram button especially for situations where I need to trigger high demand things at crazy fast intervals. Not positive it would help in this case but it might relieve some activity and make the clips more quickly accessible.