Komplete Kontrol will not show up in Midi Control surfaces

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
timhatch27

Komplete Kontrol will not show up in Midi Control surfaces

Post by timhatch27 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I cannot get Komplete Kontrol to show up no matter how many times I copy the scripts from my native instruments folder into the midi remote scripts folder in Ableton. I'm using a Mac, Ableton Live 10.

Thanks

yur2die4

Re: Komplete Kontrol will not show up in Midi Control surfaces

Post by yur2die4 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:23 pm

It is actually not a 'midi remote script' it is a control surface. I'd look more closely at the recommended directory for placing that folder. It should be amongst a bunch of other folders for other devices you see as Control Surfaces.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat May 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Copy the whole folder, not just the script.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Rob_Herold

Post by Rob_Herold » Thu May 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi timhatch27!

Had the same issue. I suppose you used live 9 before and it worked for you?

I'm not that deep in the Mac OS, but it seems I didn't copy but instead moved lots of the files in the Native Instruments folder to the live 9 folder. Only four files remained in the originial NI Folder, 2 .py and 2 .pyc files, that I copied to the Ableton live 10 "Midi Remote Script/Komplete_Kontrol_MK2" folder. It didn't show up in live 10, so I started updating, rebooting... and then took a look into the folder in live 9... there were a punch of other files, so I copied the "Komplete_Kontrol_MK2" folder from the live 9 "Midi Remote Script" folder to the live 10 "Midi Remote Script" folder and voila, it showed up in live 10 too.

mikeprovencher

Post by mikeprovencher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 pm

yeah...mine was working just fine...in 9...and then 10...then just stopped working yesterday. I have no idea why.

doesn't show up in Ableton.

NI support is pretty useless. Seems like the S25 is obsolete? I can't even find a picture that shows me if I have a MK1 or MK2.

$200 boat anchor.

mikeprovencher

Post by mikeprovencher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Can anyone tell me what version this is from this s/n?

47750-49733-57979-08857-40475

K2510021812242A

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:01 pm

nope. ask NI
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:03 pm

mikeprovencher wrote:yeah...mine was working just fine...in 9...and then 10...then just stopped working yesterday. I have no idea why.

doesn't show up in Ableton.

NI support is pretty useless. Seems like the S25 is obsolete? I can't even find a picture that shows me if I have a MK1 or MK2.

$200 boat anchor.
Pretty easy to see picture on NI site, have a look at mk2 if it dont look like yours then you will know.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 pm

I use the S series keyboard in Win 10 with Live,. no problem at all.

Should be pretty simple to confirm if you have an MK1 or MK2 version keyboard.

MK1 has an LCD strip below the encoders
MK2 has 2 LCD screens

First thing I would recommend is checking that when you have your keyboard connected if it appears in your device manager as a MIDI device. If not, you need to check cables and try re-install Komplete Kontrol and the driver again.

If it appears in Device Manager but does not seem to work in a DAW you need to check your Task Manager and see if the process NIHostIntegration is running. If not, you need to check your windows services and see if it is listed in there in a stopped state and see if you can manually start it or set it back to auto.

Problems cannot be problems without solutions.

mikeprovencher

Post by mikeprovencher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 pm

jestermgee wrote:I use the S series keyboard in Win 10 with Live,. no problem at all.

Should be pretty simple to confirm if you have an MK1 or MK2 version keyboard.

MK1 has an LCD strip below the encoders
MK2 has 2 LCD screens

First thing I would recommend is checking that when you have your keyboard connected if it appears in your device manager as a MIDI device. If not, you need to check cables and try re-install Komplete Kontrol and the driver again.

If it appears in Device Manager but does not seem to work in a DAW you need to check your Task Manager and see if the process NIHostIntegration is running. If not, you need to check your windows services and see if it is listed in there in a stopped state and see if you can manually start it or set it back to auto.

Problems cannot be problems without solutions.
Thank you so much for your help here.

I ended up swapping from a USB hub directly into my Mac...it worked. Then I plugged the hub back in and it still worked. Just strange.

Thanks again!

Mike