What does the light red Arm button mean?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elgrayso

Re: What does the light red Arm button mean?

Post by elgrayso » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm

try holding option/alt or the command/control key when clicking the arm buttons. If that doesnt work, then look up how to edit the "options.txt" file for ableton. There are instructions on how to allow multiple tracks to be armed at once

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 am

frannycas wrote:I'm also confused about this. Some of the tracks when selected display this light red record arm, but some don't. I want them all to do it! Hooooww?
The light red arm button means that this track is selected while your Push is in note mode.
Ableton Forum Moderator

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:28 pm

[jur] wrote:
The light red arm button means that this track is selected while your Push is in note mode.
Yeah I forgot to clarify that bit. The dim red arm button acts just like a track is armed, but it hasnt been armed the typical way; it is just a track selected with Push, which automatically arms whatever track it is on. The dim light just signifies that it was armed via the Push track selection method.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I also think it's a Push thing, since I don't have Push and have never seen the light red button.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:21 pm

doghouse wrote:I also think it's a Push thing, since I don't have Push and have never seen the light red button.
:lol: