Experienced Logic User Feature Wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
GeneraStudios

Experienced Logic User Feature Wishlist

Post by GeneraStudios » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I come from the land of Logic for the past 10+ years, and so far from learning Ableton Live 10 i've noticed there are a few things I miss from Logic and are the only reasons i'm still going to use Logic for some things going forward. Just figured i'd add them to the official wishlist forum so that Ableton can decide whether to incorporate them in the future.

Loop recording and Comping - In Logic if i'm tracking vocals I can just loop record over a part and then comp which sections of each vocal I want very easily. Theirs a work around in Live, but its nowhere near as convenient as Logic

Shortening or lengthening multiple clips - In Logic I can highlight as many 'regions' (clips) as I want, and then drag them all on one side to shorten or lengthen them all. There doesn't appear to be a way to easily do this in Live from my research.

Mass Audio Bouncing - In Logic I can highlight as many regions (clips) as I want, right click and export them all as audio files with intelligent naming parameters. This is incredibly powerful for sample instruments and sample pack creation, as I can name all my samples with note names in Logic, and then with 1 button export 400 samples and give them contextual sample names upon export. There are work-arounds in Live such as dragging the clips to the start of a track and putting them all on separate tracks, but its not nearly as easy as Logic.

Overall i'm impressed with the workflow of Live and how easy its been to pickup after using Logic for so long. It sounds like Ableton is a solid company that looks to its user-base for new features and improvements, so hopefully theirs a chance at these features coming down the line.

Thanks,
--
Andrew

wearemindflux

Re: Experienced Logic User Feature Wishlist

Post by wearemindflux » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

Hey,

Yeah, I would love comping to, I PT for it. If live gets it I would never use logic and pt again

But the other 2 you can do.

So to resize clips (in arrangement view) just select all the clips you wish to resize and drag

You can do mass bounce to, in the export option in the drop down choose all tracks, selected tracks etc
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 am

wearemindflux wrote:Hey,

Yeah, I would love comping to, I PT for it. If live gets it I would never use logic and pt again

But the other 2 you can do.

So to resize clips (in arrangement view) just select all the clips you wish to resize and drag

You can do mass bounce to, in the export option in the drop down choose all tracks, selected tracks etc
It is not possible to resize/fade etc multiple clips. Let alone to select non consecutive clips. How do you do it?
You can export tracks yes but he wants to select a bunch of clips (not tracks) and export them as separate audio files. again AFAIK not possible

wearemindflux

Post by wearemindflux » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:57 am

If its just clips you can save a new session and freeze, flatten then crop. That would export the clips as audio into your crop folder is the project folder.

And yeah you can resize multi clips
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am

wearemindflux wrote: And yeah you can resize multi clips
If you mean Vertical clips on different tracks, yes you can do that
Could you explain how you do it for the clips on the same track? For example I have 4 clips on the same track. each one bar long. I want to select all and resize them all to half bar. Can not find a way to do it.
Thx

msmith1160

Post by msmith1160 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Loop recording, comping and track lanes of some sort, please!