Live 10 Graphic problems shredded pixelated devices M4Live

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
silversurfer60

Live 10 Graphic problems shredded pixelated devices M4Live

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi erveryone,

I know, this is a frequently discussed topic.

But i upgraded a week ago from l 9 to l 10 and have this massive problems with the graphics. The devices are so cranky, that they are unusable for me. First of all the m4live devices. The lokk shredded, torn, tattered. I'm not a native englisch speaker, so you know what i mean, when look to the pics.

I have a NVIDIA graphic card with no Gsync. And i cannot change 'Disable display scaling on high-DPI settings' in the properties, also i cannot 'override high DPI scaling behavior'.

My Graphic Card is a Nvidia GT 1030, not the newes one, but I'm not a gamer and this is an Audio Program, a DAW not a Video editing program.

For my video editing I use since many years Sony Vegas Pro with no problems, NO PROBLEMS at all, with my NVIDIA graphic card.

But with this Audio Program called ABLETON, which I use over 13 years, i have these big problems.

Maybe someone can help me.

I sent a report to Ableton support, but Im getting no answere yet.

Some pics:

Last edited by silversurfer60 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jestermgee

Re: Blurry Pixelated Live 10 mostly M4Live Devices

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Windows 7?

Can't see any bluryness in your images, only a dodgy displayed device which could be a max issue.

What resolution do you run? If higher than 1080p have you tested at 1080p to see if things resolve

Graphics drivers up to date?

silversurfer60

Re: Blurry Pixelated Live 10 mostly M4Live Devices

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 pm

Yes, windows 7, 64 bit, I have 1080p and my drivers are the latest.

It's not only the maxforlive devices, you see the window of the slice to midi (auf neue Midi Spur slicen),there are pixels, and the other windows, that pop up if i want to change anything, with the small pixels at the edge.

I never had these issues in other versions, I upgraded to Live 10, because the integration of MaxForlive. And now I have these problems, my intention was, to work easier with M4live, but now it will be a bigger problem as before!!!!!!!!!!

XSIMan

Re: Live 10 Graphic problems shredded pixelated devices M4Live

Post by XSIMan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 pm

With a lot of tracks running my Max devices GUIs have stopped working they do the sound like thy should do but theirs no animation on the GUIs. Never seen this happen before until this month.

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Yes, you describe it very good, no animation inside the devices, the envelope stops inside the lfo or the envelope follower.

Or parts of the device besides the m4live device, e.g. the ableton internal fx's as simple delay or auto filter are partially inside the graphic of the m4live device. Mostly if you fold or unfold the rack, with the devices inside or only change to another track and change back to the track with the m4live devices.

I upgraded from live 9 to live 10 2 days before Chrismas, so it is new for me this behavior. And the biggest reason to upgrade was the integration ov m4live. Funny??!!

What do you think, did this issue comes arround with 10.0.5 or just because??

illbehaviour

Post by illbehaviour » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 pm

I noticed that the M4L devices are a bit buggy regarding the graphics. When I scroll through my FX chain the UI of the M4L devices is always lagging a bit behind thus overlapping with the normal Ableton FX

auxxtone

Post by auxxtone » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 am

Same here and it's not only with Max devices.
Live 9 was perfektly fine with my old Nvidia GT 320.
I've just ordered a new Nvidia card and a higher res monitor.
Let's see what will happen..