Preference to Put the Instruments ON THE LEFT.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
jasper

Preference to Put the Instruments ON THE LEFT.

Post by jasper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 am

Everywhere in the world, since the beginning of music, in every school, every book, every digital and analog workstation and medium that regards Time, tempo, Workflow, Composition and production,
every person in every facet of music.

You start on the Left, and move towards the Right.
I cannot explain to you the hinderance in so many ways, the apprehension and obstacle while working,
and the frustration and confusion caused by constantly shifting the eyes back and forth just to see which instrument is connected to which content (which track is doing what).
eyes scroll left to see the region, look right to see which instrument is doing it, and back left to record,
while the song position pointer (thankfully) scrolls left to right.

The decision to do this was probably because you assumed that Ableton users were starting with Audio and not instruments. So you put the file browser where the musician would naturally look for his/her list of instruments in the composition. Either that or it was just to be eye-catching or something. But I do assume it was the former reason.

I know there will never be even a preference to put the list of tracks on the left, though that is this Feature Request.
I have started and finished so many projects in Ableton Live, and every day I wish I could get this stupid list of the instruments in the piece on the left where they belong visually and functionally.

Can you at least tell me how you found this layout to improve workflow with your app, maybe it will help if I know the reasoning behind it?

But the feature request is: A User Preference to simply swap the positions of the Browser and the list of instruments.

ToneShop

Re: Preference to Put the Instruments ON THE LEFT.

Post by ToneShop » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:06 pm

+1

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:04 pm

:) +1

jasper

Post by jasper » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:20 am

+1