Ableton has white noise on MIDI track

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CabralGroove

Ableton has white noise on MIDI track

Post by CabralGroove » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 am

Hi,
I'm using Ableton Live 9 Lite (64-bit) that I’m running on Windows 7.
I noticed that when i insert a MIDI track and then insert a VST plugin sometimes, i get a very audible background white noise!
For example, when insert Analog Lab 3, depending on the instrument that I choose, I get a different level of audible background white noise:
Let's say I choose a certain type of Organ (B3 - Organ / Coquette ...Yep! that's the name), without playing anything the white noise is very loud and I can even see it on the track meter, it peaks at about -30db.

With a different instrument ...say a Clavinet, it is also present peaking at about -48db!

Anyone else experiencing this sort of issue?
And more importantly, how do you fix this?

I guess one could work around the issue by inserting a Noise-Gate VST in the chain with a threshold just slightly above the peaking level, but that doesn’t seem to be a normal situation.

P.S. I look around the forum and it seems that some other users have encountered this issue but couldn't find a fix.

Thanks,

siliconarc

Re: Ableton has white noise on MIDI track

Post by siliconarc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 am

apparently there's a 'noise' param that you can turn off in the full versions but in analog lab 3, the noise in each preset is at a fixed level.
so i don't think this has anything to do with Live.

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93481.0

CabralGroove

Re: Ableton has white noise on MIDI track

Post by CabralGroove » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks garyboozy for the reply.
I will keep that in mind when using Analog Lab.I was kinda puzzled by this background noise for awhile.

Thanks,