No longer able to copy parameter values in 10?! PLEASE HELP

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trip_conduit

No longer able to copy parameter values in 10?! PLEASE HELP

Post by trip_conduit » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 am

So I just upgraded to Live 10 and not workflow just took a big hit! It seems I am no longer able to copy a section in arrangement view, then change multiple or even single parameter values across my device chain, then paste my copied section to create automation. I used to use this feature quite frequently to automate various sections without having to manually record or write it in. When I used to copy a section or clip in arrangement view, it would carry with it all values and upon pasting it, Live would recognize the changes and add the automation. I wouldn't even have any automation lanes showing or anything, now in Live 10 I have to manually drop all automation lines for every parameter I want to change and then copy/paste it out.

This was a huge time saver for me and an integral part to my workflow, I would greatly appreciate any input. I don't believe I am missing any setting, although I do remember a setting in 9 having to do with carey automation/clip. Peraps it is inherent with the new way clips are viewed in arrangement view with the separate expand button for automation. THANKS IN ADVANCE

oratowsky

Re: No longer able to copy parameter values in 10?! PLEASE HELP

Post by oratowsky » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 am

trip_conduit wrote:Peraps it is inherent with the new way clips are viewed in arrangement view with the separate expand button for automation
it is

Automation Mode (A) must be enabled when copy pasting automation.

Of course, as always, Lock Envelopes (lock symbol top right) must be off for this action as well.