anyone use a kaossilator Pro as master?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slatepipe

anyone use a kaossilator Pro as master?

Post by slatepipe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 am

hi, me and the feller i normally play with are working on a new set. he wants to use his Kaossilator Pro as master and send midi clock to me via usb, i'm using Live on my laptop. he also wants to send midi clock to some other instruments too. he can send clock to his other instruments via the kaossilator midi 5pin socket no problem and he should also be able to send midi clock to me via the usb out on the Kaossilator, but we've tried plenty of different setting in Live on my laptop and it wont receive any clock at all. i've installed the Korg midi drivers as required. when i set Live as the master and send clock to him it works ok but that means we cant send clock to his other instruments which isn't what we want.

does anyone have any experience of using the Kaossilator pro like this? and can anyone give any advice on the settings or anything?

thanks

Tarekith

Re: anyone use a kaossilator Pro as master?

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 pm

I would make sure the kaoss can send midi clock to the DIN plug and usb at the same time, I don't think a lot of gear actually does that. Usually it's one or the other.

slatepipe

Re: anyone use a kaossilator Pro as master?

Post by slatepipe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi, I'm not 100% sure as it's his KP not mine but he told me that the USB sent out the same as what the midi socket was sending out. I'll check though. Cheers