Classic Synths device and Push2 mapping issues

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Rupi P

Classic Synths device and Push2 mapping issues

Post by Rupi P » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi!

I downloaded Katsuhiro Chiba's Classic Synths (Opfour, August and Sep2) a few months ago and have been using the synths on a lot of my tracks. Now that I'm using my Push2 more regularly, I noticed that unlike other some other M4L devices these synths don't automatically map to Push2. Been trying to work around this but have some questions which I hope someone can help with.

1. Should this device be mapped already? If so, would an uninstall and reinstall solve the problem and how Would this affect tracks I've been working on that use these synths?

2. I've managed to manually map the August synth via live.banks but have run into some strange quirks:

When I go to the device via Max Instrument, there are two August entries: the first is an .amxd file with 8 .adv presets and the second is another .amxd file. If I load the first August or any of the presets, the parameters aren't mapped. But if I load the second, the parameters are mapped.

If I try to load the device via Packs, it's the same as the first (.amxd file and .adv presets) and again none of the parameters are mapped!

Grateful for any assistance!

https://imgur.com/6WahIcz

https://imgur.com/s7EqA05

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Classic Synths device and Push2 mapping issues

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Ableton Forum Moderator

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:22 pm

[jur] wrote:This.
Indeed

Cheers
D

Rupi P

Post by Rupi P » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks Jur, I'll get to programming the parameters then.

Any ideas why there seem to be two versions of the device after it has been mapped and why you don't have parameters for the version with the additional (non-factory) presets?

Cheers.