Push 2 colors don't match the ones set in Ableton

Discuss Push with other users.
kapush

Push 2 colors don't match the ones set in Ableton

Post by kapush » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

I bought a new Push 2 a few days ago and I have noticed some strange behaviour in terms of colors. In my live performace I hugely relay on color coding to quickly get oriented in my live set and in my tracks controlling hardware synths.
As you can see on these images, some of the colors on push (track colors on screen and pad leds) don't mach appropriately the colors set in Ableton. White isn't white, black isn't black, gray isn't gray, the difference between 1st dark blue track and 2nd light blue is much higher in Ableton than on Push. When I switch to note mode on push, white is realy white, so it is obvious that Push LEDs can display the proper white.

Is it a faulty unit or is it a normal behaviour? A firmware issue? Please help

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 colors don't match the ones set in Ableton

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Even though this has been improved with L10, the color matching still isn't as good as we could expect.
Your unit isn't defective.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 am

Yeah it's always been a bit off on some colours. I think there are a few reasons such as some colours do not easily translate from screen to cheaper LED lights, some colours are too close to other colours (such as the Red used to indicate recording or the yellow to show playback), and even when you adjust the brightness of push, the PWM will cause slightly different colours also.

Make sure you are connected to a plug pack for power as that improves things but you will never see perfect colours. I'm colour blind so doesn't bother me at all.

Moz4u

Post by Moz4u » Tue May 10, 2022 8:50 am

Im surprised to see that my push 2 pad colours dont match the ones of the clips in session view. I dont understand why. It only happens when using white to black scale.
If the clip on session view is white, push 2 reads it as yellow.
Light gray is light blue on push 2
Darker gray is dark blue
Black is brown.
How can a controller of this price built specifically for ableton have this malfunction? Push 1 does not thos issue. It looks like it could be an ableton patch missing or something.
I checked the unit at the shop and it does the same thing, it doesnt look like it is a problem with mine only.. Im annoyed because I have been using black and white colours for my kick and bass on all of my projects.
Is there a way to fix this?
Cheers

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 10, 2022 1:40 pm

Moz4u wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:50 am
I checked the unit at the shop and it does the same thing, it doesnt look like it is a problem with mine only.
And that what this topic explains too. There's not much you can do apart from politely expressing your annoyance to support@ableton.com
Ableton Forum Moderator