Sampler question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fastfx

Sampler question

Post by fastfx » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi,

I have loads of one shot samples, but when i drag them in abletons sampler, each sample will span like 4 notes. I click distribute ranges equally, and thats what happens.

How can i get it so that i just drop my samples in and each sample gets assigned to a note?

Thanks

doghouse

Re: Sampler question

Post by doghouse » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:03 pm

What are the file names?

Sampler tries to map samples based on note names found in the file name. For instance Piano_C3, Piano_F2, etc. If the note names are not adjacent, the samples will be stretched across multiple keys.

knot93

Post by knot93 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:20 pm

Sampler tries to map samples based on note names found in the file name
Are you sure about this ?

I've spent the whole day trying to make a carefully named and « logically » working multisample, but i couldn't.
For some reason, Sampler sorts names in an alphanumeric way instead of a « musical » one, i.e. C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 instead of C1, C#1, D1, D#1, E1, F1 and so one.
It's even worse than this because for Sampler, A1 comes before C1.

I could have set each root note manually, but i hoped technology would help me saving some time instead of wasting my day...

Did i miss something ?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:05 pm

You didn't miss anything. It just doesn't work that way. Sampler can use metadata embedded in samples to set the correct key/zone etc but it does not use info taken from a sample's name.