mp3 tags - save in project.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
The Richter Contingent

mp3 tags - save in project.

Post by The Richter Contingent » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:31 pm

So we can render and convert to mp3 now, which is awesome (so thank you very much!) It was a 1st world problem, yes, but it's so useful being able to turn it on and go straight to mp3 when we want.

Now though, the extra step I have to do each time is to tag the mp3 file with the title, artist, album art etc.. I'm using a very nice utility for that that appears in the context menu when you right-click mp3 files, but ideally I'd like to have them as project properties in Live and they get automatically applied to mp3 files when they're created.

I won't hold my breath for this and will most likely come up with a solution for myself, in the meantime.

Just making my voice heard. I'd love this to be added some time in the future. But for now, I ain't complaining at all. I LOVE Live :D

Brief addition: I went ahead and made a solution myself. It allows you to edit the tags in an mp3 file and also saves them in another file, alongside the mp3. When you create a new mp3 file you open the editor, it sees the tags are all empty and automatically loads them from the previously saved file.

If anyone wants this let me know.

TKoster

Re: mp3 tags - save in project.

Post by TKoster » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 pm

I would very much appreciate such metadata tagging functionality as well, as this is now a manual action in my workflow after exporting a song. Being able to skip this step would be very much welcome.