Test Live packs

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Spillby

Test Live packs

Post by Spillby » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi all

I am currently on Live 9 Standard, but I'm thinking about upgrading to 10 Suite. But if I Upgrade to suite, it will be mainly to get the orchestral packs, which are included in suite. So before I Upgrade, I would like to test the packs, and see how good they are. I downloaded the free trial, and started it, but there were no packs there but the core library. And I couldn't download the orchestral packs from the website either. Do you know if it is possible to test packs in the trial version?

pottering

Re: Test Live packs

Post by pottering » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 am

I've read people saying that the trial is fully functional and allows downloading the Packs in Live's Browser.

Did you actually activate the 30-day trial?
♥♥♥

Spillby

Post by Spillby » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 am

No, I wanted to save my trial month for a month I have more time to use ut. So I clicked the start with saving/exporting disabled button instead. It should have the same functionality right, just without saving and exporting?

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 pm

30-day trial actually allows saving and exporting.
♥♥♥

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Spillby wrote:Hi all
I downloaded the free trial, and started it, but there were no packs there but the core library. And I couldn't download the orchestral packs from the website either. Do you know if it is possible to test packs in the trial version?
Well... it's not possible to download packs you dont own... so whether or not you start your trial, you will not be able to use and fully test the ochestral packs.

I just want to say that the packs are awesome. Previously, I had one Kontakt pack of strings (mostly cello and a bit of violin), I believe the Ableton packs were the same (or a little better) quality.

You can also just check out other topics about them, people with more expensive libraries still like Ableton's pack...
Just get the upgrade to Suite if you can afford it, there are good chances that you wont regret it.
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden

Spillby

Post by Spillby » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 am

I activated the trial, and once I had authorized it by Ableton's website, I was actually able to download and install all the packs. It looks good. I will probably buy suite.